Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November usually becomes a battle among survivors. The best teams are hurting for any number of reasons and injuries. Unexpected challenges to teams who at the start of the season and up until the end of October were the expected champions happen. Pretenders get exposed (MSU). Dark horses rise (ND).

AA, you're right about the "crimson laundry" and recency bias perhaps undeservedly promoting Alabama to it's current CFP ranking. But unlike some teams we watch, Alabama fights through issues and fells opponents it shouldn't. Michigan? Had a pretty good run through most of October then shits the bed like history tells us they always will to close out what looked like a promising season.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Notre Dame is not a darkhorse. They are just as bad as the team that barely survived Florida State, Toledo...TOLEDO and Virginia Tech and got blasted by Cincinnati. Please. Stop.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Alabm"Alum" and I have been trying to tell you idiots that neither of our respective teams are where we want them to be and, instead, are utterly middling. Sooner or later you're going to have to agree.

From OSU's end -- again, blasting Akron, Maryland, Rutgers and Indiana means exactly nothing, yet you idiots were seduced.

Comment

• I remember telling people at Worldcrossing in 2010 that Bama wasn’t good. People argued with me, “SANDBAGGER!” and the like.

By the time our 3rd loss rolled around, a poster who had been calling me a sandbagger unironically came to the unique, earth-shattering conclusion that Alabama ‘just wasn’t a good team’.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• In a world of charlatans, grifters and frauds, it's very hard for people to believe that anyone can simply offern an honest, fair and accurate assessment of the situation. I, for one, appreciate your breakdowns of UAT even if they are, as is the case this season, frustrating and painful.

Comment

• Odds on Dan Mullen's survival after the season?

Comment

• The worst kept secret in the SEC is that Bryce Young cannot handle pressure at all. And to be fair to him, we are obviously not practicing picking up the blitz and hot routes.

We have had three teams who exploited that fact and loaded the box and blitzed about half the time or more: Florida, Texas A&M, and LSU.

-We beat a bad Florida team by 2.
                -We lost to a decent Texas A&M team by 3.
                -We beat a very bad LSU team by 6.

I think Arkansas and Auburn will absolutely do the same. It’s like finding out a basketball team can’t handle a pressure man-to-man, you just wash, rinse, repeat that pressure until you beat them or they learn to handle it.

With regard to the LSU game, an apparent positive is the defense. But this LSU offense is pretty bad (62nd in scoring offense, nationally), so it’s a bit of fool’s gold of a stat line. But to be fair, they were competent in holding a bad offense to 14.

Bah. At least my Braves won the World Series.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Odds on Dan Mullen's survival after the season?
                  I think he fires his coordinators and survives another year.

Comment

• We're you suprised that your boy Firooooooja got smacked around by Fabi?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      We're you suprised that your boy Firooooooja got smacked around by Fabi?
                      I haven’t seen it. The two seem fairly even. And we’ll have Carlsen-Nepo for the title in a few weeks.

Comment

• We have had a lotta streaks end this year.

-100 straight wins vs unranked teams (most in CFB history).

-24-0 vs former assistants

-20 game win streak.

And now, yesterday, our streak of 34-straight games scoring g 30 or more points has ended. That too, was the most in CFB history.
                        Last edited by AlabamAlum; November 7, 2021, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

I haven’t seen it. The two seem fairly even. And we’ll have Carlsen-Nepo for the title in a few weeks.
                          Caro-Kann Advanced. Fabi had a huge time advantage toward the end of the middle game and was moving quickly to keep keep AF from free calculation time. He eventually got him, though I think AF had a chance to win with AlphaZero-like precision.

Comment

• The only streaks I can think of left that are in danger is the double-digit wins and 11+ wins in a season.

-We are currently at 13-straight seasons with 10 or more wins. Which, iirc, is a CFB record.

-We are currently at 10-straight seasons with 11 or more straight wins. Also, iirc, a CFB record.

We are at 8 wins and have New Mexico State, Arkansas, and Auburn left. We could easily drop the last 2 and end up 9-3, which would leave us hoping for a bowl win to save the 10-win streak.
                            Last edited by AlabamAlum; November 7, 2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Caro-Kann Advanced. Fabi had a huge time advantage toward the end of the middle game and was moving quickly to keep keep AF from free calculation time. He eventually got him, though I think AF had a chance to win with AlphaZero-like precision.
                              I hate the CaroK, but I will play over it sometime this week. Glad to see the adopted American won over the adopted Franco, I guess.

Comment

• I wish UNL was as bad as UAT...

sigh
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X