Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    How much do think mere proximity is worth, Entropy? With an absolute split crowd and two weeks out there to orepare. I'd say 0 points.

If it's split crowd and two weeks to adjust to the time, I agree.. zero points.

But rarely are crowds that split at bowl games.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Yeah. Games at Akron? Not so much. Death Valley? Yes. A split crowd bowl game? See Akron.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Entropy:

The crowds are almost always split at the Rose Bowl for traditional matchups. The only time I can remember it being decidedly not split was Miami-Nebraska. I guess that kept the game 3 points closer than it would have been.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
          If it's split crowd and two weeks to adjust to the time, I agree.. zero points.

But rarely are crowds that split at bowl games.
          The team tickets are split. But yeah, the local VIP tickets that all bowks have are probably going to USC fans. But 50-50 vs 60-40 still isn't a big deal, imo.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I don't want to brag, but I get free VIP tickets to the Bham Bowl. Wooohooo!

I was pulling for Memphis over Auburn, though.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I can't speak for the M fanbase, but I guarantee OSU is at or about 50% for any Rose Bowl. They were even 40-45% against LSU in New Orleans for a game we all knew they'd lose. They were also probably 60-65 when Urbs bludgeoned Tressel.

Comment

• I think it was even for that shitty game vs Bama, too.

Comment

• Yeah, I wasn't there, but from what heard it was 55/45 at worst.

Comment

• I think a certain schools like UNL, OSU buck attendance trends at bowl games.. unless it's a bowl game they don't care about.

That said, I'd still suggest normally and majority of the time the team that travels the furthest has the fewest fans in attendance.
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• That said, even at LSU's Death Valley, Bama has a great record there. We are 26-8-2 vs those morons in Baton Rouge.
                      Last edited by AlabamAlum; August 21, 2016, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                        I think a certain schools like UNL, OSU buck attendance trends at bowl games.. unless it's a bowl game they don't care about.

That said, I'd still suggest normally and majority of the time the team that travels the furthest has the fewest fans in attendance.

Yeah, if you're a crap school, or going to a crap bowl.

Bama travels. It shocks people at bowl games. "The Gump Invasion".

Comment

• Entropy:

Depends on the bowl. Shitty bowl? Absolutely. Big time bowl? No. A traditional Rose Bowl is a huge draw for B10 fans and why it's almost always a split crowd. Playing an Arizona team in the Insight Bowl? Yeah, totally agree.

As my point is that USC is pretty much just hellagood, the Rose Bowl, not the Liberty Bowl or the like, is the germane discussion point.

Did someone say Liberty Bowl? Do I hear a steamer's dirge?

Comment

• lol

Comment

• How many teams did the best team in the B1G not play in the Rose bowl because you couldn't play it two times in a roll? That helped USC's Rose Bowl record I'm sure and hurt some teams that didn't belong there.

Comment

• For awhile the Rose Bowl didn't involve the B1G so USC was able to play there far more often too, 30's & 40's I believe.
                                Last edited by WM Wolverine; August 21, 2016, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X