Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heh. Yeah.

Knight ate up Bama in the Sugar Bowl. It will cme down to line play.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• LSU still has to get some damn QB play. I can't believe how much NC talent has been squandered at that program by shitty QBs.

Comment

• If LSU used a dink and dunk 5-12 yard passing attack, their line and RBs are good enough to keep defenses honest. They are one of those teams that have tried to force downfield passing unnecessarily and to their detriment.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Thank god LSU will never switch to a "spread" offense. With their skill players and OL, they could put an competent Dual Threat QB back there and run an effective offense.

As it is, Cameron seems set on some sort of "NFL-Neanderthal" hybrid that Lester seems to love. Don't me wrong...I love the trademark pitch to the TB on A-gap power ISO...lol...but, ummm, yeah....relying on Fournette to break one is a little too 1970s.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• With them it's not just the scheme. The QB play itself is an abortion. And I just don't get it.

Cam Cameron has gotten great QB play everywhere he has been except there.

Comment

• Well, Harris is a disaster. Mettenberger was pretty good for them. At least in 2013, IIRC. The last two seasons have been unmitigated shit.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I hope Les doesn't read this board.

Because Bama loads the box against LSU, leaves the flats open, and LSU will still try a 30-yard pass downfield into double coverage with a QB who throws a worse ball downfield than I do. It's why we've won 5 in a row. I hope he never changes.

Comment

• that sounds like Michigan under Carr...

::exits quietly::
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Michigan and Stanford are more pro than "spread."
                    Just sayin
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                      Michigan and Stanford are more pro than "spread."
                      Just sayin
                      Bama uses a pro set. It's a smart pro set, though. We do NOT put the game on a Blake Sims or Jake Coker's shoulders and say, "Go do some John Elway shit and win this game."

This is way simplified, but essentially...

Two safeties, 7 in the box: Runs, short passes, screens.

One safety, 8+ in the box: Verical pass, crossing patterns, bubble screens.

It's simple and it works.

Comment

• LSU will throw to triple coverage. Recently, it's been like they say, "This pass goes to the X receiver, regardless."

Comment

• I love what Alabama has done with their offense the past five years or so. A few spread concepts incorporated into an old-school smashmouth and play action game. Getting the most out of their talent, unlike Carr at Michigan, who would repeatedly squander talent with shitty scheming and play calling. I like it better than what I think Harbaugh's offense is ultimately going to be -- an offense whose bread and butter is unproductive against good defenses, and one that has to burn a posession to set up a 35 yard pass or run. I recently re-watched the Clemson/Alabama game from January and Alabama got a bunch of their points by RPS-ing the hell out of Clemson.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; August 17, 2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            I love what Alabama has done with their offense the past five years or so. A few spread concepts incorporated into an old-school smashmouth and play action game. I like it better than what I think Harbaugh's offense is ultimately going to be. I recently re-watched the Clemson/Alabama game from January and Alabama got a bunch of their points by RPS-ing the hell out of Clemson.

I like the Bama O, but like the old saying goes: "It's not the X's and O's, it's the Jimmy's and Joe's." (That is, unless you have Brandon Harris throw into triple coverage on a 30-yard out pattern, then it IS the X's and O's).

Comment

• If it were only about Jimmy's and Joe's then Michigan would have beaten Appalachian State and Indiana wouldn't be more successful on offense under Kevin Wilson than Michigan. If I'm facing Oregon's athletes and I have the choice of defending them in a spread or in a pro style offense, I'll take the pro style offense every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I think that the evidence is piling up, more than ever, that as an offensive coordinator, you have to keep the defense on their heels guessing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                If it were only about Jimmy's and Joe's then Michigan would have beaten Appalachian State and Indiana wouldn't be more successful on offense under Kevin Wilson than Michigan. If I'm facing Oregon's athletes and I have the choice of defending them in a spread or in a pro style offense, I'll take the pro style offense every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I think that the evidence is piling up, more than ever, that as an offensive coordinator, you have to keep the defense on their heels guessing.
                                Well, there are exceptions. Generally, the cliche' holds, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X