Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 to Purdon't?
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA:

hi
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Hey Wiz:

I see you bought the missus a new set of wheels ..

Nice choice!

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 3 to Purdon't?
          Yeah, all 3 in West Lafayette. In 2004, they were a disaster as Tressel switched from Zwick to Troy Smith mid-season and the offense was still a massive work-in-progress. They turned the ball over 4 times, I think, and lost 24-17. They eventually found their groove in time to dismantle M, though, the following week!

In 2009, it was sort of the same story. The offense under TP was a work-in-progress all season. But the defense inexplicably allowed 26 points in a 26-18 loss.

Finally, in the Year of FICKELL!!!!, an awful OSU team somehow pulled a fucking rabbit out of their ass and scored a TD with less than a minute to go down 23-17. They then promptly had the EP blocked and lost in OT 26-23.

If you take out the Tears of FICKELL!!!!, the most disgraceful OSU conference losses since 2001 are, in order:

1. 2004 nFw, 33-27 OT. First and only loss to nFw in my lifetime. An abomination.
          2. 2009 Purdue, 26-18. Despite their struggles, that was a pretty good OSU team and Purdue was their muckety muck 5-7 selves. OSU's defense would later hold Oregon to 17 in the Rose Bowl, but heaven forbid they hold Purdue under 20.
          3. 2015 Michigan State, 17-14. Awful weather or not; Elliot with a staph infection or not. There's no way that team should have lost to any B10 team and, for that matter, any other team in the country w/ possible exception of Bama. That's it.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Bama's worse conference losses are

1a and 1b: Ole Miss, 2015 and 2014: both Rebel squads were good, but they weren't at our level. Both games had miracle plays that let them win games that shouldn't have been close.

3. Auburn 2010. Yes, Auburn won the NC, that year, but we had a 24-0 lead against those inbred bastards and pissed it away.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The "Kick Six" is up there too, but that game should have gone to OT on penalties. Two egregious block in the backs and a hold/tackle. Auburn was also lined up offsides.

Fucking refs.

Comment

• EFZ
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjynbUNlvWU"]GAY SOCCER REFEREE - YouTube[/ame]
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Wiz does soccer?

Comment

• :::kills AA:::
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• NTTIAWWT

Comment

• STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I don't see it in the ACC, they might close the gap but right now, no they are Clemson + FSU then a lot of programs that are tier 3 in other conferences. I like the Pac 12's middle MUCH more than the ACC's, they just don't have an elite program right now. Ditto for the Big XII and B1G. How does performance vs P5 work out?

Pretty much what I expected, ACC does play a lot of other P5 programs but they are able to when your conference is weak however ND is included with them fwiw...

B1G played 17 P5 games, ACC 21, Big XII 8, SEC 11, Pac 12 10....

Comment

• Basically literally anything other than what actually happened.
                              Seems there could have been a safer call. Yes just dont drop the ball then flip it to the enemy, still Dantonio had no return on - all out block was spartys only chance. Why long snap, how about pooch punt with peppers behind the QB?

History shows if M is going to lose on a freak last play its vs MSU. Desmond gets tripped last play, Punter drops punt last play and lets not forget ‘Spartan Bob’ in witch Lineygoblue promptly banned me from the Michigan forum immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                                I don't see it in the ACC, they might close the gap but right now, no they are Clemson + FSU then a lot of programs that are tier 3 in other conferences. I like the Pac 12's middle MUCH more than the ACC's, they just don't have an elite program right now. Ditto for the Big XII and B1G. How does performance vs P5 work out?

Pretty much what I expected, ACC does play a lot of other P5 programs but they are able to when your conference is weak however ND is included with them fwiw...

B1G played 17 P5 games, ACC 21, Big XII 8, SEC 11, Pac 12 10....
                                Agree with you that the P10 has a stronger middle than ACC.

Comment

Working...
                                X