Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad week 1 for the ACC.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Why do you care?
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Why? Great question. I guess I could say part of it is because my brother went to an ACC school, but really it’s just that I love CFB. I like discussing it, analyzing, and dissecting it.

For example: When Brian Kelly made the joke about executing his team. I told my buddy who was watching the game with me that he screwed up the old John McKay line. This sumbitch didn’t even know who that was, let along the years he coached, his big games, and approximate record. Smdh.

Maybe football has lost its luster in the Corn Belt, and I mean, sure, I can understand why. But I made it through the Dubose/Shula years. You can buck up and make it through Riley/Frost (et al).
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA...and I mean this in all seriousness...

shaddup
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• No?

Btw, wiz, did you watch Ole Miss-Louisville last night? Do you think the 4 targeting calls were legit? Honestly, they all looked okay to me, but I know some people are crying over the BigTen crew’s calls.

Comment

• I think as the rule is written and interpreted IMHO...yes they were the correct calls. One of the key things we were always instructed to look for...and I was both on the field as well as in the booth...was did the player lead with the helmet...did he lower his head while contacting the player...was the targeted player in a vulnerable position...or did the player "launch into" the player. We were always told when in doubt its targeting. Now at the NFHS and NFL levels ironically it's not called the same way...at the high school level the rule is basically the same but most state associations will tell their crews that when in doubt don't call it targeting and don't eject a player unless it's egregious. In the NFL they rely a lot more on suspending and fining players after the fact.

I tell you it would be tough coaching tackling techniques today at all levels but particularly in college football.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I hate to say I agree with Klatt and Gus, but the sensible variation to targeting is to move to a 15-yard version and an ejection version.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I didn’t hear Klatt and Gus say that but it makes sense.

Comment

• They only say it every goddamn time there's a debatable targeting call. Heh. It's their schtick -- to the point that it's now precedded by "I hate to say this again, but..." (or some variation). That said, it's entirely fucking sensible so, you know, it won't ever happen.

Comment

• To me -- launching and deliberately leading with crown of helmet should be ejections. Those are intentional acts that players can control. Incidental "speed of game" type targeting should be 15 -- if we're keeping with the rule.

Comment

• I would propose not changing the rule or making two rules ala the "Flagrant 1 & 2" in basketball...but rather make it like the technical foul or USC penalty...you get ejected on the second targeting call.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• There are not many egregious targeting plays that I've seen...most are just a guy trying to make a play...not trying to hurt someone. Maybe you could have an ejection on your first if egregious and obvious what the intent was. But frankly I just don't see those very often at all. The problem at the NCAA level is it's called and reviewed so many times a game. It just seems to me the "time doesn't fit the crime " in just about every case...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Maybe you could have an ejection on your first if egregious and obvious what the intent was. But frankly I just don't see those very often at all.
                            Right. That's the point of the two-tiered approach. Limit the ejections. BY A LOT. And I'd be fine with a 2nd targeting getting you ejected.

Comment

• I think most reasonable people agree that the rule in college needs some adjustment.

Comment

• Common ground...TaintedBan and Wiz?

What's next...Ron Desantis and Nancy Pelosi slow dancing???

The Apocalypse is near.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X