Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like you're on top of the situation too, Jeff. Can't disagree with a single thing you wrote other than that I think spring football has a substantially better chance of happening.
    i don't know if you guys still lurk much on MGoBlog (I'm now a mod there as of a month ago---yippee 😵😱😬 )---but in various discussions going back at least a couple months I've advocated CFB letting the NFL and to a lesser extent the MLB and other pro sports take the lead as "guinea pigs", with CFB watching and learning from their failures and successes. The pro leagues are 100% businesses and the athletes are paid to take the risk; the NCAA is a disorganized joke, the individual conferences and schools have nothing close to an organized plan, and we're talking about "unpaid" (essentially) athletes taking on the covid risk in 2 months??! No way!

This gives the NCAA at least a chance of rescuing their cash cow. That is, if they spend the time more wisely than the west wing did back in the early months of 2020 (oops, off on a political rant...😎)

The season CAN be rescued. I don't have a ton of confidence in Emmett getting out of his own way, but at least time is a little more in our favor by waiting rather than rushing willy-nilly into September competition.
    Maybe, just maybe, enough time to have a vaccine ready and approved for at least the lower risk younger folks in the meantime? As it is, they're the main engine behind the current major spike of infections.

​​​​

Comment

• And hello to you too Liney, and everyone else too! Hope all is well with everyone---especially in all aspects of health.

Happy Independence Day weekend!🎇🧨🎆🇺🇸

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        I've already prepared myself for no games in 2020. Spring 2021? Not unless there is an effective vaccine widely available and even that is a long shot. Nope, not going to happen in spring of 2021 either. Maybe the fall.
        Yeah, I think this is the most likely scenario. I don't think there will be any 2020-21 collegiate sports. Fall of 2021? I'd say 50/50 right now.

Its really going to suck for the spring sports, because its the 2nd season that they will lose out on.

I still think the NFL will try to have a season. They'll start, maybe a bit later than normal, but they won't be able to finish.

I think any sport that tries to resume is going to strike out. Baseball, NBA, Hockey, .. all are going to fizzle due to Covid.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Attached Files
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Part of his application for American Gladiators?

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              Part of his application for American Gladiators?
              I don’t get it. Did Kenyan Drake apply to be an American Gladiator?
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Quick piece of advise -- if Mikhail Tal offers you his queen....do NOT take it!

That is all.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

I don’t get it. Did Kenyan Drake apply to be an American Gladiator?
                  I have no idea.

When I saw the picture of the rather muscular young man I thought maybe he was posing for a popular TV show.

Maybe I should have assumed "The Survivor"?

Comment

• Ahh. He’s just a former Bama RB playing for the Arizona Cardinals now. Didn’t get a ton of hype at Bama, but he won us a few games.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Quick piece of advise -- if Mikhail Tal offers you his queen....do NOT take it!

That is all.
                      That is correct, but you’re lost regardless if Tal is saccing a queen.

Comment

• The Ivy League has cancelled all Fall sports.

Comment

• Jim Harbaugh, on moving forward with plans for fall football season: "COVID is part of our society. It wasn’t caused by football or caused by sports. There’s no expert view right now that I’m aware of that sports is going to make that worse."

Comment

The Ivy League has cancelled all Fall sports.
                            Yeah, rumor a few days ago is that they were unanimously thinking Spring football. But that's no given either.

Stanford cut like 11 sports today. All very minor stuff except for arguably wrestling but they once took pride in the huge number of sports they supported.

Comment

Jim Harbaugh, on moving forward with plans for fall football season: "COVID is part of our society. It wasn’t caused by football or caused by sports. There’s no expert view right now that I’m aware of that sports is going to make that worse."
                              Here's the full story behind Harbaugh's comments.

From the article: Harbaugh said he and his players want to play as long as students are allowed back to campus, and he has no issue playing in empty stadiums if it’s determined there can be football without fans present. But he also said he bows to the experts and will certainly understand if proceeding with a fall season is deemed unsafe.

He works for the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor. If Dr. Schlissel says there will be no football, there will be no football. And Schlissel has his nose fully up the rear end of Governor Gretch, who is already on record as being doubtful that football will be played this fall in Michigan. Barring some sort of miraculous downward spike in cases in Michigan, there will be no football in 2020, no matter what Harbaugh thinks.

No great loss as far as I'm concerned. They were bound for another 7-8 win season ending in another blowout in Columbus, .. er .. Flavortown.

Comment

• Looks like the Brockermeyer Bros just committed. Makes me smile.

Comment

Working...
                                X