Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And looking at the stat, wow, USC has owned the Rose Bowl. More than a dozen wins ahead of #2 on the list, Michigan.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• USC's success can be directly linked to the fact that when they play in the Rose Bowl, its a de facto home game. It would be like Michigan playing a major bowl game in Detroit, against a visitor from the west coast.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yeah, or USC is a historically elite program.

Their wins are attributable to a weak P8 that they dominated.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• In fairness, they are 24-9 in Rose Bowls, 10-9 in all other bowls.

Comment

• What's interesting about USC is that their official site talks of vacating 1 victory and 1 loss. It is my understanding that you do not vacate a game you lost.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Oracle:

In fairness, their best teams played in the Rose Bowl. Their not so good teams did not with few exceptions. For example, when they played in BCS games not in Pasadena, they asswailed Iowa and OU.

And in fairness, Bo, e.g., shit the bed in the Rose Bowl no matter who they played. And, in the 70s, so did Woody.

Excuses, IMO, are for losers. USC had some hellagood teams. The idea, e.g., that M could have beaten USC in 2004 or 2006 if only the game was played at Ford Field or anywhere else is silly.
              Last edited by iam416; August 21, 2016, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Most books give 3 points or so for a true home field. With an even split ticket, the impact of home field is lessened imo. Also, the Rose Bowl doesn't really lend itself to being a deafening or intimidating place to play for visitors. (At least imo).

But who knows...

Comment

• Bama is 5-2 vs USC (soon to be 5-3).

Our 5 wins are one Rose Bowl, 1 Aloha Bowl, and 3 games at their place. We lost the two games in Bham.

Comment

• Sam Cunningham!

Agree re Rose Bowl. But, this is an M forum so they need to make excuses for Bo.

Comment

• Sam ran all over us, but we already had two black players when that game was played. The thought that Sam integrated southern football is a fallacy.

The argument needs to be: did Sam make the black players on southern teams more welcomed and allow for expanded recruitment of blacks?

Comment

• Looking at the scores of the M-USC Rose Bowl games that USC won (6-2 record for the Trojans), none were closer than 7 points.

Comment

• I always felt the home field was worth more than 3 pts.. closer to 7..

but I'm not vegas.
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• How much do think mere proximity is worth, Entropy? With an absolute split crowd and two weeks out there to orepare. I'd say 0 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                              I always felt the home field was worth more than 3 pts.. closer to 7..

but I'm not vegas.
                              I think it depends. There are probably places where it is more than 3. @LSU at night, for example. A visitor cannot hear a snap cadence when on offense - ever - because of drunk cajuns. If your team is faster, they let the grass grow and drench the field before a game. The fans surround the visitor's bus as they arrive and try to turn it over (not kidding).

TAMU disables the visiting locker room's AC. Bama, for example brings 30 portable ACs to all games at Kyle Field.

There are other examples, but those stick out.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                How much do think mere proximity is worth, Entropy? With an absolute split crowd and two weeks out there to orepare. I'd say 0 points.
                                In the old days it meant something. You had a 30-hour train tide and only 2 days to prepare usually.

Now, it means nothing. Athletes sit in big leather chairs, eat, listen to music, leave at noon and are in LA in time for dinner.

Comment

Working...
                                X