No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree- although I'd rather see a team that's got some identity that doesn't include a recent cup, like St. Louis or Philly, take it. We can do without Bettman's experiment getting validated by Phoenix or Nashville winning.

Comment

• I'm rooting for St. Louis in the West.

Comment

• There was a substantially different feel to this year's first round playoff bounce. I have never felt so much like the Wings didn't give a shit as this year. They simply quit playing in the middle of February. I wasn't exaggerating when I made the comparison to the Columbus Blue Jackets a couple of weeks ago. They have literally been that bad.

Somethat went horribly wrong in that locker room, and it needs to be fixed. The team's motivation has been looking worse and worse ever since they won the Stanley Cup. I wonder if they just aren't listening to Babcock anymore. He can't get them up for a game. Zetterberg is a shadow of his former self. What in God's name happened to him? He went from a Conn Smythe winner who could singlehandedly take over a game to basically an above average defensive forward who scores less than 70 points. At $6MM per year, I wouldn't call the guy underpaid.

Comment

• Now that the Wings are eliminated, I probably won't watch any playoffs other than the winner of the Philly-Pittsburgh series. The rest of the series have been Gadawful to watch. Take away that one awesome series and it's back to the Dead Puck Era with a vengeance.

Comment

• Well at least something good happened this weekend as Pittsburgh goes down- NBC's cameramen are going to have to find somebody other than Cindy to focus on.

Comment

• Whatever will they do?

Comment

• Enjoy your summer, Cindy. Perhaps you can now take those needlepoint and macrame classes you've been eyeing.
                Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Thank God Philly takes care of business, I was worried Pittsburgh might be on a roll. I really couldn't stomach seeing cindy advance.

Comment

• ditto!
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• The Stanley Cup favorites fall to the Flyers in six games, tremendous embarassment. The series should be tied at 3 games each heading back to Pittsburgh for game 7........the Linesman that blew the offside call in game 1 should be fired and the League should stick the apology letter they wrote to the Pens.

Feeling a lot of hate in the thread today, sad :(]
                      Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 22, 2012, 05:26 PM.
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Tissue?

Comment

• Seriously, Wings and Pens are out and the Hawks and Bruins are on the brink. All four Stanley Cup champions from the recent past. Second round consists of Florida, Ottawa, St. Louis, Nashville and Phoenix. Enjoy your parity Bettman!

Comment

• Honestly Packy other than the PENS getting screwed, each team failed to advance llargely on their own part. I don't have a problem with it.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Is this where I should bring up lousy offsides calls from the past to counter OP's contention that they're the reason the Cindys lost? ;-)

Nah....I'm pretty content.

Comment

• the PENS getting screwed
                                All four losses? They got outplayed and had terrible goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X