No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three wins in a row. Don't kick any dirt on these guys yet.

Comment

• F the Red Wings
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Can we get Tom Wilson to protect Dylan? How about a non-contact jersey?

Comment

• Don't look now, but the Wings are back in a playoff spot.

Comment

• 7-2-1 in their past 10 games. Wings are now in that last playoff spot, five points up on the Islanders.

Comment

• LGRW! Six games above .500 and 8 points above the #9 team for that last playoff spot now. Barring a bad rash of injuries or just a meltdown, they’re back in the postseason this year.

Comment

• They look like a legit team. Kane's OT winner last night was about the most exciting thing the Wings have done in years. It's been a loooooong time since we've headed into spring with enthusiasm for the Wings. I'm fired up!

I'd love to catch Toronto and get out of the WC slot. It sucks that the Wings are playing so well and Toronto has won 7 straight at the same time. Main thing is solidifying a playoff spot but being cannon fodder in the first round isn't ideal. I'd like to get into a 2/3 matchup.
                Last edited by Mike; February 26, 2024, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• 1-8 and 2-7 matchups aren't that bad, now that you have to be above .500 to make that #7 or #8 spot. I wouldn't want to play Boston this year though, that's for sure. They'll be out for blood after last year.

Comment

• The division is really good. Florida is actually ahead of Boston in point percentage and I've seen them #1 overall in "power rankings". Boston has been scuffling a little bit this month but they are still very good. Unless someone really falls apart it looks like the Wings will get one of Florida, Boston, or NY Rangers in the first round.

A quick look at those 3.

The Bruins are a curious case. They are tied for the NHL lead with 82 points (34-12-14) but only have 31 ROW (regulation and overtime) wins. The Red Wings have 30. Boston has played 22(!) OT games this year and have gone 8-14 including 3-3 in shootouts. 36.6% of their games are tied after 60 minutes but with playoff hockey using standard 5 on 5 for OT it's hard to say how they'd fare in the playoffs. My point, however, is that they play a ton of close games and that could bite them in the postseason when puck luck plays such an outsized role in the outcome.

Florida (38-16-4) trails Boston by 2 points but has two games in hand. They have 37 ROW wins and are 2nd in the NHL at +51 goal differential. For comparison, Vancouver is tops in the league in both (38 and +52) but Florida has played 2 fewer games than the Canucks. Basically, Florida is the best team in the NHL.

The Rangers are first place in the Metro Division with 81 points, 38 ROW (tied with Van for tops in the league) and sport a +34 goal diff.

All 3 of them are top 4 in the league in points.

Comment

• Wings are +22 in goal diff. Their best since 2011-12, assuming they keep it there.

Comment

• Wings up 8-3 late! Both Tampa and Toronto are losing.

Comment

• 16-4-2 since January 1st. That happens to be the same day Michigan beat Alabama in the Rose Bowl.

Comment

• Four losses in a row. Ugh. Gotta get back on track here.

Comment

• 5 in a row. I bought a Wings flag for the front porch and since I put it out the day they beat Washington 8-3 they haven't won a single game. Sorry.

Comment

• Oh yeah -- five.

They have fallen into a tie for that 8th place spot with the NYI now. I don't really care where they finish as long as it's 8th or better.

Comment

Working...
                                X