No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched that the other night, like Darren said it's Bettman's NHL. Kevin Maguire, the tough guy who fought Yzerman retired and then was an NHL referee.

Larkin is non-contact skating, a good sign. The Wings playing without 3 of their best players and the 2 top Centers now.

Husso played a great game last night - then has the biggest blunder this year to let in the (shorthanded Red Wing Team) a one-goal loss.

After the Larkin hit, it stops are playoff hopes.

Comment

• Yeah if Larkin doesn't get back pretty soon then they aren't making it this year.

Comment

• Larkin is back. Let's hope that he gets back up to form quickly. The Wings are sliding out of the playoffs.

Comment

• They're out as of today. That fizzled quickly! Lot of season left, though, so here's to hoping they recapture that previous magic. They've been getting hammered with injuries.

Comment

• Kane is doing well but this team sure seems unable to hold on to a lead.

Comment

• Frustrating, but hard to judge. Larkin says he doesn't feel ' safe' out there.

Two more players were hurt during the game last night. Petry and Ficher both went out in the 2nd colliding with each other - Maatta was hurt the night before and out. I asked a while back why we have 3 goaltenders up and (now) we started Hutchinson in goal - a 4th string player just happy just to be in the NHL - and we lose by blowing a one-goal lead.

This is a hole too far to dig out of even if the Wings ever get healthy, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Comment

• Last edited by WingsFan; December 24, 2023, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• That’s top shelf.

Comment

• Welp, the season lasted till November. Coaching I'm not happy with when you lose the same damn way every fucking time, not being able to clear the puck. And Lalonde calling it lazy all the time, who fault is that? The team could win with a shake-up, don't see that happening though.

Should Derek Lalonde be fired? Looking at 3 prospective replacements for Detroit Red Wings head coach position

Interesting I wanted Gallant for a while, but Roy? The guy is the most competitive player/coach I have ever seen, but a loose cannon.

Comment

• GCZuZnjawAAJRJ9?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Derek Lalonde must have really pissed somebody off in the media because there's an uncanny campaign going on right now to get him fired, despite it being only his second year and this probably still being the best team that the Wings have had since their last playoff year (although that isn't saying much). It seemed like Blashill got forever. 2-8 will do that though, I guess. Gotta give the guy at least one more year unless you think that he has lost the team. Gotta get a better goaltender somehow. Sooner rather than later. Out of 43 goaltenders, Husso is 34th in save % for guys who have played 15 or more games.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; December 29, 2023, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• If he was a proven coach I could but that, I'm for a change right now.

Comment

• I'd at least make it contingent upon whether the players are still responding to him.

One thing that I thought was really disappointed was his cucked reaction to the dirty Larkin hit. He should have been spitting bullets after that but he reacted with a shoulder shrug. Maybe it's not a coincidence that the team has looked like shit all around since then.

Comment

• That’s a great point. Even if you truly didn’t think it was a dirty play, which is preposterous, you still have to come out strong in support of your CAPTAIN.

They’ve played like a dog that’s been beat too much since that hit.

Comment

• And they are already talking about trading Patrick Kane now?

Comment

Working...
                                X