No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona really wanted Jakob Chychrun which it was a fantastic pick.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
      Wings manage to trade Datsyuk's 7.5M CAP hit to Arizona along with the #16 pick?
      Exactly the type of thing that they shouldn't be doing.

Comment

• Sign Stamkos!!!
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          Sign Stamkos!!!
          Or at least try. If you are a team still trying to push for the finals, you lose a top player like Dats, you have to try don't you?

Comment

• The Red Wings are a team that has to push to make the playoffs as the last team in, not to make the finals. They are in dire need of a blowup and rebuild. Giving away a first round pick is the last thing they should be doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              The Red Wings are a team that has to push to make the playoffs as the last team in, not to make the finals. They are in dire need of a blowup and rebuild. Giving away a first round pick is the last thing they should be doing.
              Well that's just you know your opinion man.

Comment

• Ha! I live at the intersection of opinion and fact.

Comment

• Help me out here, Mike.

Wasn't it a good thing for the Wings to get rid of Datsuyk's contract obligation?
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• To give up a first round pick for it was an awful idea. It was only a one year obligation. There has never been a more obvious time for a rebuild.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      To give up a first round pick for it was an awful idea. It was only a one year obligation. There has never been a more obvious time for a rebuild.
                      They didn't give up a first round pick, they moved back 4 slots, picked up a second, and sadly another contract (1.1 mil). Bit even then I don't know enough about Vitale maybe he can be useful?

They fleeced the coyotes who decided they wanted to make sure they got the player they wanted and didnt have to spend this year. 7 less million they have to spend to get to the floor and 1.1 million less of actual spending.

Comment

• I guess that's more palatable, but they still have no business going after Stamkos unless they are going to sign him to a really long contract (8+ years) because this team isn't going anywhere until they get a few Top 10-ish draft picks who have a few years to mature and flourish (ala Chicago and Pittsburgh in the late oughts).

Comment

• New rule, UFAs can be signed to maximum of 7 years, only TB can re-sign him to 8 years as an existing player.

Stamkos sweepstakes, know teams: Vancouver, Detroit , Toronto, Montreal, Buffalo, Rangers & Boston. Today is the first day he can speak to other teams.

Buffalo's GM, Tim Murray is going to 'Chase the Big Fish" 10-11M p/s offer, wealthy owner, 20M in cap space, close to Toronto for Stamkos family, Buffalo, shity market and town.....good luck.
                          Last edited by Prime2; June 26, 2016, 01:08 PM.
                          "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
                            New rule, UFAs can be signed to maximum of 7 years, only TB can re-sign him to 8 years as an existing player.

Stamkos sweepstakes, know teams: Vancouver, Detroit , Toronto, Montreal, Buffalo, Rangers & Boston. Today is the first day he can speak to other teams.

Buffalo's GM, Tim Murray is going to 'Chase the Big Fish" 10-11M p/s offer, wealthy owner, 20M in cap space, close to Toronto for Stamkos family but shity market and town.....good luck.
                            Detroit is like 4 hours away from Toronto.
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              To give up a first round pick for it was an awful idea. It was only a one year obligation. There has never been a more obvious time for a rebuild.
                              Seriously? 10 points seperated the #2 and #9 in the Eastern Conference last year. Maybe I am a bit naiive here but sure doesn't sound like a big difference there. Getting Stamakos to replace Dats would have to be worth a couple wins I would think. Maybe more.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• That's a good point, Whitley. There really is quite a bit of parity across the NHL and the end result of that is the importance of one super star that is either a great player all over the ice or is a great Goal Tender. That's what seems to separate the haves from the have nots when it comes to play-off time.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X