Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series on!

Thought Bruins domination in G3 , particularly Rask's play was too much for Chicago.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• It was like watching the fucking NHL All-Star Game...... :-/

Comment

• Hawks should have won 5-2. Crawford looked like he was on heroin. Fun game, though.

Comment

• Crawford was beaten high glove, countless times, terrible. Rask who was unbeatable, coughed up 6 goals....several miscues, turnovers, defensive breakdowns made it exciting.

Chicago managed to get their speed game going and it paid dividends, overall an exciting game. The Toews-Kane-Bickell line combined for two goals and three assists and was plus-7. Bickell and Kane both had assists on the winning goal.

Bryan Bickell is going to want a significant raise this offseason. He's a UFA and coming off a 550 K/year contract. 9 points in his last 9 games, 15 points in 21 games in these playoffs. Expecting a new cap hit north of 3 Mil/year.

Patrice Bergeron, (two goals last night) is the best 200 -foot player in the NHL, bar none. F' Boston.
          Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 20, 2013, 09:41 AM.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by geo weidl View Post
            I thought Detroit was bankrupt?

Plans unveiled for $650M Red Wings arena, entertainment district in Detroit

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...xt%7CFRONTPAGE
            The City of Detroit and Wayne County are not putting a dime into it.
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• By Brian Stubits | Hockey writer

It's really laughable to look back and think that we were worried about fans returning after the lockout, isn't it?

With two Original Six teams -- the Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks -- in major American hockey markets, fans are tuning in at record numbers. As in, the best numbers we have ever seen in the U.S. for hockey since they have been keeping track.

Comment

• Crawford is the new Osgood.

Comment

• G5 tonight, 8pm ET, should be a beauty. Expect Boston to pushback and hard, Rask will rebound with a solid effort.

As for Chicago, their new found scoring prowess has renewed their confidence and playing at home may be too much for the Bruins.

Whichever team wins tonight, will likely take the series in G7.

Bruins limped into the playoffs going 2-8 and Rask had a terrible season, are the doubts creeping back in tonight?

Comment

• So, I worked later than I wanted too - but no problem I have the game DVRed and I get home and this!!
                    Game 6 of the NHL Stanely Cup finals between the Chicago Blackhawks and Boston Bruins will not be on Local 4 due to our coverage of the Ford Fireworks presented by Target.

Really?? I mean Really??? (stunned) fireworks!??? On tv in "HOCKEYTOWN" over NHL game 5 finals? WTF and thanks for the warning ahead of time...

Edit: and no I don't and never have bought into "hockytown" but this is Detroit a big hockey town for Christ's sake!! and I have Direct tv so I don't get channel 9 CBC IF I was home!
                    Last edited by WingsFan; June 22, 2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• the fireworks are MONDAY
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Yea, thanks Tony :-) I seen the update now after cooling off. WDIV and local 4 Detroit will not be showing game 6 (elimination game) and could be Stanley Cup Winner. I'll set my DVR according - (I might be home)

I guess more people want to watch fireworks on TV than the best hockey finals ever in Detroit. I may be a hockey snob, but that is ridiculous!

Game 6 of the NHL Stanely Cup finals between the Chicago Blackhawks and Boston Bruins will not be on Local 4 due to our coverage of the Ford Fireworks presented by Target.

Viewers can see Game 6 on WADL TV-Channel 38 instead.
                          Last edited by WingsFan; June 23, 2013, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• Why the hell would people want to watch fireworks on TV? That's just idiotic.

Comment

• Agree completely, I guess WDIV looks at ratings and the NHL finals would be lower than showing fireworks. And I thought this was a great sports town...

Comment

• I was looking around for something to cheer me up (Red Wings)

I haven't seen this video in a few years and it really shows how things have changed. I remember I was in a bar and everyone stopped to watch the fight. You will never see this again, tough enough for you OP?

Note: Watch how the officials let this go till the end, Marty McSorley (Wayne Gretzky's bodygard for years)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gRdCZ9_LQM"]Bob Probert V. Marty McSorley - YouTube[/ame]
                                Last edited by WingsFan; June 23, 2013, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X