No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at the Red Wings possible next opponent :-)

The Sharks have been dominating the Kings everywhere but the scoreboard. ex-Red Wing Brad Stuart did the no-no Thursday night - flipping the puck over the boards for a delay penalty leading 3-1 with 2:00 to go. Right on Q the Sharks choked after that, giving up 2 goals in the last 2 minutes and one in OT losing 3-2.

Tonight San Jose had a 5-3 in OT and pulled it out, now down 2 games to one.

Comment

• Looking at the Red Wings possible next opponent
      jinxed!
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Ottawa just scored with their goalie pulled .28 seconds, Pittsburgh was even on a powerplay to finish them off. 1-1 now going to OT

A Pittsburgh win and they have a stranglehold already up 2-0
        Last edited by WingsFan; May 19, 2013, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Amazing end to regulation time.

Comment

• Still 1-1 as the first overtime period just ended.

Comment

• Sens win! 2nd OT!!

Comment

• Tough to go up 3-0 in the series.

Anderson stopped 49 of 50 shots, Pens went 0-6 on the powerplay but coughing up the puck with 0:29 left in regulation while on the powerplay?

Pens surrender a short-handed goal, choke.

Malkin, Iginla & Crosby pointless......

Vokoun played extremely well, the double OT loss was his first of the playoffs. Crosby was weak on faceoffs, down from 56% to 46% on draws, many in the offensive zone. Says it's not the jawguard on his helmet.

We will see tonight if the BlackHawks simply took their foot off the gas or the Wings pushback is for real in G3.
                Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 20, 2013, 05:59 AM.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I think we'll split in Detroit just like the Anaheim series. There's no way Detroit can or will win a short series. For the Wings to win they'll have to take some lumps like in Game 1 and march on. Chicago probably bounces back with a win tonight and the Wings do the same in Game 4.

Comment

• Anderson stopped 49 of 50 shots,

Many of those were point blank, that was one of the best performances I have ever seen by a goalie.

Comment

• Vokoun played equally well IMO. He's 5-1 in the playoffs and 15-1 over his last 16 games. He let the Sens back in the game in G2 but frankly has played well enough in the playoffs as well as the regular season.

Quick in LA & Lindqvist were both playing "lights out" but the Ranger goalie has been playing with a sore shoulder and has been beaten badly by Boston twice.

Expect the Hawks to push hard tonight and their depth should expose the Wings' 3rd and 4th lines....but then again, I didn't think they should be beaten at home in Chicago either. It's gonna be a good game!
                      Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 20, 2013, 05:32 PM.
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• The Wing's 3rd line of Brunner, Andersson, and Nyquist have dominated the Horks 3rd line so far this series.

Comment

• Nyquist....3rd line, and Miller....4th line, score within :40 to give the Wings a 2-0 lead in the 2nd.

Comment

• 2-0 what a game so far!!

Comment

• 2-0 going into the third!! Joe has never been louder, these are younger diffident crowds than the past. Howard looking strong :-D

Comment

• The Horks are gonna come out hard in the 3rd......we need to withstand the first few minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X