No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad blood, schmad blood. IMHO the deciding factor will be whether Weber will take "only" $7-8 million to play for a team like Detroit, or will he demand $8-9 million to play for a non contender who has lots of cap space. The Wings have had good luck getting and keeping some guys in the former category. I'll be both surprised and disappointed if the Wings don't at least give Weber an offer sheet.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure the Wings are currently under cap around $5-6 mil. With them not making any moves at the deadline it seems they might be looking to make a couple big acquisitions next year. It's nice to go into the off-season with cap room plus whatever gets freed up.

Comment

• They can get Weber if they were able to get Chelios.

Comment

• Vancouver is stuck with Luongo but Cory Schneider will be available. Howard played well but hardly closed "the door".

FWIW, Rick Nash at 6ft 4in. , 220 lbs is the best athlete in Columbus , Ohio and he has clearly played has last game....it's a market where you either go to die or get rocked by countless scandals at the collegiate level. Damn shame becuase he has languished there for years, not sure what the Wings would have to give up but he's a serious powerforward and on a line with Datsyuk, unstoppable.

Bet he'd love to play in a major hockey market, born in Brampton (Toronto), Ontario knows the Wings and Leafs' Legacy, long-term deal, maybe. His International play has been superlative and at 27 years of age, in his PRIME.

Babcock knows him well.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 18, 2012, 02:42 PM.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Wings could never get him. We have nothing we'd give up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
              Hurdler's post late in the third, a cm or two to the inside, ties the game!
              That would've given them the lead, actually. Nashville scored to take the lead shortly after that post-ringing, making it even more f'ing frustrating.
              Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Nash will command top-buck but worth exploring....when he waived his no-trade clause, Columbus claimed they were contacted by 29 teams. If accurate that included Detroit.
                Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 18, 2012, 04:33 PM.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Would love to get Nash. Would love to get Weber.

Howard has played poorly.....several Nashville goals have been when he faced the shooter, and simply was beaten. Rinne has outplayed him. The Wings do look old quite often.........and they have too many mediocre effort guys.

Comment

• Another crazy period for the Pens/Flyers......4-3 after 1.

Comment

• 7-3 now! Pittsburgh pouring it on! Man, these goaltenders suck more than Howard....

Comment

• I don't get all the Howard bashing. The onus is on the offense for not cashing in when they should.

Comment

• 10-3 pittsburgh...holy shit.

Howard has not played well......

Comment

• Dan Bylsma coached the hell out of this one....Flyers nearly as bad as Pens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                              Dan Bylsma coached the hell out of this one....Flyers nearly as bad as Pens.
                              Niether team deserves to win and whoever does will be bounced easily in the 2nd round if they don't pull their head out of their ass.

Comment

• Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                                X