Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    The NHL has both the best and worst playoffs ever. The regular season sort of matters, but the playoffs are so damn wild and the margins so close that even Best of 7s are pretty variable relative to other sports. Entertainment value is through the roof, but it'd have been pretty nice to see Bruins-Leafs. Oh well, suck it BOSTON!!!!
    Unfortunately, they just made matters worse with the dumbass "bracket" approach instead of the re-seeding approach that rewarded you more for a great regular season.

FWIW the President's Trophy winner only wins the Cup about 25% of the time, but going back to the lockout, the winner has almost always been seeded #1 or #2 in their conference.

Comment

• I think there is a good chance Tyler Bertuzzi comes back as a Red Wing

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        I'll never not be pissed about that 1994 choke job.
        I hear that but I am more pissed at the 2013 playoffs when the Wings led Chicago 3 games to 1 and lost the series in 7 games and Chicago went on to win the Stanley Cup.
        All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• only time i watch hockey is playoff time

devils and rangers last night. dude from jersey absolutely got his clock cleaned crossing the blue line at full speed surprised hes still not down.
          Last edited by crashcourse; May 2, 2023, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• SUCK MAPLE LEAF COCK, TORONTO!

Comment

• Is the NHL draft the Red Wings new Superbowl, like that other team in Detroit? Only with shit for luck! Tomorrow...

If I remember right, Detroit’s never moved up in the lottery. Not once.

FvkmN8PX0AAZRsj?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

• Connor Bedard for the first time in several seasons, is going to become a franchise-altering player. I say the Wings will get the 8th maybe 7th pick.

Comment

• If we're going to get lucky on the lottery to make up for all of our previous fuckings, this would be a great year to do it.

Comment

• Damn. Toronto really needs to look under the hood and fix what's wrong there. Tavares and Marner make way too much money for their playoff production level. Florida is really making them look like chumps. They have three guys combined for over $33 Million of salary that go invisible at times. Marner has only 9 goals in 48 career playoff games and he makes $11 MM per year. To give you some perspective, Leon Draisaitl only makes $8.5 Million per year and he has 9 goals just in the past couple of weeks!.

Comment

• Florida-Edmonton would be such a kickass final. I would have liked Toronto-Edmonton but that's pretty much off the table now.

I'm not sure if Edmonton can survive that long though.

Comment

• FvltNRraUAA3NNv?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Wings drop to 9th pick lol I give up

Comment

• Yeah. JFC.

Comment

• Chicago's odds to get the number pick was 11.5% This organization covered up sexal assault and was never punished now they get Connor Bedard. There’s no solace to be had after getting fucked by the league seven years in a row. NEVER moved up a spot and dropped 8 spots 2017-2020. Until the balls are picked on a live broadcast and the numbers for each team are published beforehand the whole thing is a joke. The NHL can Fuck right off!
                              Last edited by WingsFan; May 8, 2023, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• So the Wings got royally fucked again? Gee whiz what a fucking shock.

Comment

Working...
                                X