No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They actually put the Detroit-Anaheim game on the NHL network until the Chicago-Minn game was over, so that wasn't too bad, I guess.

The NHL has smartly realized the value of people getting to watch any game that they want, just like the college basketball tournament. I wonder if college football will follow suit.

Comment

• Multiple sources report Crosby a "no go" tonight in game 1 against the Islanders. From here on out , he is a game-time decesion and the Vegas odds favorite to win the Conn Smythe.

New York Rangers, bad news.

No Marc Staal, Ryane Clowe, whose undisclosed injury is believed to be a concussion, and Brian Boyle (lower-body) did not practice with the team Wednesday, WTF?
      Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 1, 2013, 01:18 PM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Wings were outworked most of the game but obviously they just sucked l
        FIFY

Absolutely pathetic performance! Already blew off steam here is some of it.

Didn't take Howard long to get in playoff shape, giving up that one soft goal. Howard has to make that save on Selanne! Terrible - soft -sharp - angled - short -side -goal.

Kindl was fucking garbage last night, he made me wanting Kyle Quincey in there, he was that fucking bad! How can Babcock keep playing him all night, even the on last shift of the game? Can't count how many unforced giveaways in our end and Ericsson wasn't any better fumbling around like it was HIS first playoff game, Smith was constantly out of position. It's not that hard to clear the puck, let Ian White play next game. Anaheim showed me nothing.

Comment

• Lots of fat to trim in the off season.

Comment

• Penguins war machine rolling early!
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Now we know why Hossa asigned with the Hawks...

[ame]http://youtu.be/q6BvNrdKfKY[/ame]
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• The Beast in the East rolls NYI. It obviously was a total mismatch between the Pens & Islanders which makes it a very dangerous series. Frustration and chippy, dirty play by the NYI, disgraceful.
                Pittsburgh F James Neal left in the second period with an undisclosed injury and didn't return (knee). ... Jokinen left with 2:20 to play after taking a hit to the knee from New York's Marty Reasoner, dirty cheap shots by the Islanders, disgraceful.
                If the Islanders have an ounce of integrity, challenge your man, drop the gloves and duke it out……expect Bylsma to call up Steve MacIntyre to dispense some payback and end these cowardly dirty runs.
                The Islanders went 0-for-4 on the power play, conversely , Pittsburgh went 50% on the power play.

Reasoner received a five-minute major for kneeing and a game misconduct. Will the league give him any extra discipline?

Last, Sedin sisters continue to disappoint, Playoff no-shows as usual. Vancouver chokes at home 3-1 to a notoriously poor road team, San Jose.
                Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 2, 2013, 08:44 AM.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Crosby Skates with his regular linemates in practice today (Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis), expect him to be back in the lineup for game #2 this Friday versus the New York Islanders.

James Neal out with an ankle injury also, Jussi Jokinen practiced with the team after leaving Wednesday's game with an apparent knee injury.

Comment

• Wings blow a 4-1 lead, but win it in OT. Had they blown this game....I would have predicted a sweep. The head back to Hockeytown, now with home-ice advantage. Whew.

Comment

• Playing for the split, mission accomplished. Danny "The Kaiser" Dekeyser, broken thumb, will really hurt Wings transition game.

LA v. St. Louis, best series so far IMO, wow.

Comment

• 51 looked like 13 on the ot goal.

13 very nearly ended it at the end of regulation.

Comment

• That was a crazy night of sports, flipping between the Red Wings and the Tigers.

Comment

• Went to sleep when it was 3-0. Sorta glad I missed the rest. 'Bout time the Red Wings won a playoff OT game. They have been absolutely abysmal in playoff OT the past 15 years or so.

Comment

• It's offical, Crosby a go tonight against the Islanders. Enjoy the magic.
                              http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...onight-686155/

Comment

• Wings ..... way to late for me.

Was it Howard in net giving up 4 goals and unable to protect a 3 goal lead? If so, What's up with him? Or is it that shitty transition play again on defense?
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X