No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OP, is your goalie, Subban, related to the Canadien's defenseman?

Comment

• yes, PK Subban of Montreal, don't care for him either.

His younger brother, he's been terribly inconsistent in goal.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• So apparently Jarrett Stoll is nailing Erin Andrews nowadays.

Comment

• Doesn't sound like he misses Edmonton.

Comment

• Sweden defeats Russia 3-2 (SO) in the other semi, now faces the US for gold.

Good for Stoll, I sure don't miss Edmonton.

Seems like Jarett Stoll doesn't miss Paulina Gretzky either.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 3, 2013, 05:32 PM.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Janet's been passed around more than a joint at a pink floyd concert
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Damn shame HC Steve Spott let politics prevent him from starting the best goalie in fucking Tournament. Too late now jackass. Most of the Nation demanded he start Binnington from the get-go, the hottest goalie in the CHL!!!

CANADA TO START BINNINGTON OVER SUBBAN IN BRONZE MEDAL GAME

When Team Canada suits up against Russia in the bronze medal game at the World Junior Hockey Championship on Saturday, they will have a new starter in goal.

On Friday, the club announced that Jordan Binnington will start in place of Malcolm Subban.

Subban was chased from the net with 7:16 to go in the second period of Canada's 5-1 loss to the United States on Thursday after allowing four goals on 16 shots.

Subban told TSN after the game that he didn't see the first two shots that beat him.
                Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 4, 2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Janet's been passed around more than a joint at a pink floyd concert
                  nasty ... nasty boy, .. oh you nasty boy .....
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Team USA beat Sweden to capture the GOLD~!

Canada lost to Russia, 6-5 in OT to finish 4th.

National Disaster!

Comment

• I was just waiting to find a Janet Jackson reference in this thread.

Comment

• It's actually Janet Jones, now Mrs. Gretzky.

Comment

• she used to be hot
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I got my Gretzkys mixed up. Paulina is the tramp de jour
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• NHL, NHLPA have tentative agreement

Updated: January 6, 2013, 5:32 AM ET
                              By Katie Strang | ESPNNewYork.com

NEW YORK -- The lockout appears to finally be over. A tentative agreement has been reached between the NHL and NHLPA, multiple sources confirmed to ESPN.com.
                              The announcement was made after the two sides hashed out their remaining differences for more than 16 hours at a hotel in midtown Manhattan, spelling the end to a lockout that has persisted for almost four months and cost more than half the regular season.
                              A source told ESPNNewYork.com that the emphasis should be placed on the word "tentative." That source said there is still work to be done but there has been a verbal agreement between the two sides on the major points.
                              The tentative agreement includes a 10-year CBA with a mutual opt-out clause after 8 years, contract term limits at seven years (eight years for a team to re-sign its own players) and a 2013-14 salary cap of $64.3 million, a source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.

Comment

• Lockout over, 50 game schedule commences January 15th.

- The players' share of hockey-related revenue will drop from 57 percent to a 50-50 split for all 10 years.

- The league coming off their demand for a $60 million cap in Year 2, meeting the NHLPA's request to have it at $64.3 million - which was the upper limit from last year's cap. The salary floor in Year 2 will be $44 million.

- The upper limit on the salary cap in the first year is $60 million, but teams can spend up to $70.2 million (all pro-rated). The cap floor will be $44 million.

- The 10-year deal also has an opt-out clause that kicks in after eight years.

- Each team will be allowed two amnesty buyouts that can be used to terminate contracts after this season and next season. The buyouts will count against the players' overall share in revenues, but not the team's salary cap.

- The salary variance on contracts from year to year cannot vary more than 35 per cent and the final year cannot vary more than 50 per cent of the highest year.

- A player contract term limit for free agents will be seven years and eight years for a team signing its own player.

- The draft lottery selection process will change with all 14 teams fully eligible for the first overall pick. The weighting system for each team may remain, but four-spot move restriction will be eliminated.

- Supplemental discipline for players in on-ice incidents will go through NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan first, followed by an appeal process that would go through Bettman. For suspensions of six or more games, a neutral third party will decide if necessary.

- Revenue sharing among teams will spread to $200 million. Additionally, an NHLPA-initiated growth fund of $60 million is included.

- Teams can only walk away from a player in salary arbitration if the award is at least $3.5 million.

- The NHL had hoped to change opening of free agency to July 10, but the players stood firm and it remains July 1 in the new agreement. But with a later ending to the season, free agency for this summer will start at a later date.

Comment

Working...
                                X