Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You forgot something OP.

CANADA'S STAR-STUDDED LINEUP CRUISES TO WIN IN SPENGLER CUP FINAL

Last edited by geo weidl; December 31, 2012, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Happy New Year George.

Locked-out NHLers Joe Thornton, Patrick Kane and Loui Eriksson suited up for Davos which chaps me.

If these guys were not under contract with the 3 billion dollar plus Industry known as the NHL, they would win nearly every single world tournament, think about it.

Canada pulled out of the "World Championships" for over 10 years in protest, how the hell can the Europeans actually host a Tournament when the best 800 players in the world are forbidden by their NHL clubs from participating?
      Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 1, 2013, 07:50 AM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Well it's set. Team USA beat the immoral Czech Republic today 7-0, now we have the semifinal showdown with Team Canada. The good news is the US powerplay has come alive...bad news, only against some very weak teams not to mention the US has played 6 games in 8 days. Canada earned a bye to semis by going undefeated in Tournament play and should be well-rested.

Other quarter, Swiss-Russia...Swiss lead Russia 3-2 in the 2nd, appears the Canadian-beatdown as weakened the host nation, winner advances to the other semi against Sweden.

All games are televised on the NHL channel in the US.
        Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 2, 2013, 10:05 AM.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Update:

Pulling for the Ruskies, a semifinal battle with Sweden is just perfect.

The knockout round at the World Junior Hockey Championship in Ufa, Russia continues with the second quarter-final on Wednesday morning.

After a 3-3 tie through regulation and overtime, Russia and Switzerland are now in a shootout to decide their quarterfinal matchup, with Sweden awaiting the winner for a semifinal showdown.

Comment

• Update:

Although shootouts belong in queer soccer, both teams appeared to relish the moment.

Nikita Kucherov scored a late third period goal and the shootout winner as Russia advances to the semifinals with a 4-3 victory over Switzerland.

The host nation will face Sweden for a spot in the World Junior Hockey Championship final against the winner of the Canada and USA matchup

Comment

• Mind you, you gotta have pair of stones to watch these:

World Jrs. Medal Round (Sudden Death)

THURSDAY, JANUARY 3rd

EVENT TIME ET/PT NETWORK

Semifinal 1: Canada vs. United States 3:30am/12:30am TSN/NHL Network
              Semifinal 2: Sweden vs. Russia 8am/5am TSN/NHL Network

Team Canada forward Ryan Hugent-Hopkins, right, battles for the loose puck against Team USA forward Mario Lucia, left, during second period IIHF World Junior Championships hockey action in Ufa, Russia on Sunday, Dec. 30, 2012. Canada beat the US 2-1 in preliminary play.
              Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 2, 2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Nikita Kucherov

Love this name.

Comment

• Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• What is this NHL that you speak of?
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Liney if you weren't my friend , I'd punch you.
                      Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 2, 2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Sorry, OP ... just rattling your cage a bit ... :-)
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Damn Yankees! We got our asses handed on a silver platter. Good luck in the finals.

Comment

• Inconceivable, Canada cameout flat and got crushed. Subban, 4 goals in 16 shots?!? Canada's record is 30-6-3 against the US, 5 of the 7 last gold medal winners were forced to play the quarter final game too, the bye has hurt the favorite more times than not.

Perfect Tournament, Canadian bye to semifinal, couple of extra days rest actually hurt the club. No excuses, 23 men on that roster and everyone will play in the NHL.

Team USA looks to be playing Sweden in the final, as they have a 2-0 lead on Russia.

GO USA!!!!!

Comment

• Team Canada head coach Steve Spott has a ton of explaining to do. He coaches the Kitchener Ranges of the OHL, the US goalie Gibson is HIS goaltender. Gibson is HOT, playing very well.

What does Canada do, go with Subban for political reasons??? There was heavy criticism before the Tournament and now their worst fears have been realized in sudden death.

Binnington was the hottest goaltender in Jr. Hockey heading into camp, outplayed Subban, earned the starting job but sat on the pine?!? The US coach Phil Housley didn't make the same mistake, he went with Gibson and now his NHL Anaheim Ducks stock just went way up.

Even the young Detroit Red Wing goalie, Jake Paterson would have been a better choice.

Jordan Binnington Owen Sound (OHL) STL 2011
                              Jake Paterson Saginaw (OHL) DET 2012

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKc3S1ds7Nc"]USA - Canada 5:1 Semi-final WJC 2013; 03.01.2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X