Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even if the lineman created a hole, Vincent Smith could find a way to run over the lineman and fall down.

Comment

• that takes coaching from Jackson to miss that hole and hit the lineman

Comment

• If you take away his 'big' 22 yard gain, VS barely averaged 2 yards a carry.

Comment

• Still, I just don't get it. How did they think that what they were doing was a good idea?

The OSU defensive coordinator's quote about knowing what they were gonna do -- were I Hokeorges I'd be absolutely mortified. Horribly humiliated. Too embarrassed to even go to class tomorrow. I'd get in dad's truck and just fucking drive away and never show my face again until the cops found me and brought me back.

Comment

• My son said while he was watching the game that he knew what Michigan was going to run. He called half the plays correctly, and has never coached a day in his life.

I kept hoping that the coaching brain trust was keeping some things up their sleeves that the schmucks weren't expecting. Instead, we discovered it was nothing but their own hairy arms ...
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Inexplicable. This is why we need better reporters -- when Hoke said he didn't regret anything in the game plan, there needed to be someone there to politely hammer away at that without getting intimidated by Hoke. He pulls that surly routine in part for moments like those when he wants to bully his way out of a press-conference jam. But he's getting paid a fine sum whilst hundreds of thousands of people spend a good chunk of their disposable income supporting the team. Not too much to ask to hold his feet to the fire.

Comment

• I'm sure he'd like to smack the shit out a reporter like you hack, someone who has never played on a football team in all their life but thinks they know all about the game and know more than the coaches.

Comment

• " I'd get in dad's truck and just fucking drive away and never show my face again"

We should be so lucky

Comment

• I'd miss you too much so forget it

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                      Inexplicable. This is why we need better reporters -- when Hoke said he didn't regret anything in the game plan, there needed to be someone there to politely hammer away at that without getting intimidated by Hoke. He pulls that surly routine in part for moments like those when he wants to bully his way out of a press-conference jam. But he's getting paid a fine sum whilst hundreds of thousands of people spend a good chunk of their disposable income supporting the team. Not too much to ask to hold his feet to the fire.
                      Similar to what tj simers tried to pull?

L.A. Times columnist T.J. Simers couldn't help but make himself the center of a story again, this time accusing the Bruins of playing against Stanford as if it were a meaningless preseason game. UCLA coach Jim Mora, naturally, took offense.

Comment

• Mora showed great restraint.
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Heiko asks Borges questions that are relatively tough compared to the other forms of media, and Borges responds with "I have absolutely nothing to say about that". In other words -- "I am the coach. Your job here is to pitch softballs to me".

Comment

• As I said, politely. One gets nowhere by challenging the ego of a public figure. There's a middle ground between that approach and letting yourself be bullied, or shamed by the fact that doing your job well sometimes mandates creating uncomfortable moments.

Comment

• That reporter need his ass kicked by Mora or a football player!

Comment

• Yeah, just hadn't seen that posted yet and it seemed like the right time. What a fucking tool bag.

Comment

Working...
                                X