Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second. they lost in the finals to Tampa...
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Next big recruiting event for M is the BBQ at the end of July; lots of committed prospects will be there and M will try there best to get the guys at the top of their recruiting board there as well...

Guys like Laquon Treadwell, Kendall Fuller, Leon McQuay, Joe Mathis, Derrick Green, etc... M probably only has 2-3 scholarships left, depending on attrition before signing day.

Comment

• Laquon Treadwell flirting with a decision. Could come anytime.

Comment

• I'm buckled in...warp speed, Mr. Treadwell!
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Less than a week ago named M a favorite. If he really is deciding soon, there shouldn't be much worry about any competition...

Decision could come this weekend at, "The Opening".
            Last edited by WM Wolverine; July 5, 2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• What is "The Opening"?

Comment

• Basically a camp by Nike:

Comment

• Sounds like Treadwell will end up a Wolverine by the end of this weekend. Just a scholarship or two left for this class; recruiting board would look pretty much the same as the one I posted a few days ago: Kendall Fuller, Leon McQuay III, Joe Mathis, Derrick Green, etc..

Lots of good talent left on the board but not a one imo is 'likely.' Every 'need' is filled already, just recruiting best recruits available.

Comment

• IMHO game breakers at the skill positions is still a big need (we could use one more even with Treadwell on board). I guess we could also use an elite athlete at corner as our two 4* guys in the '12 and '13 classes are pretty small and our "big" DBs are, ahem, "sleepers".
                    Last edited by Hannibal; July 5, 2012, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Jourdan Lewis is a favorite of mine, he's improved his stock a great deal at recent camps shutting down several highly thought of receivers. This staff likes 'tall' corners that imo are fringe CB/FS types; Conley/Stribling both fit that mold... Those three along with Terry Richardson is a nice collection of CB talent in back-to-back classes; not great but good...

Agree on the need for an elite running back (or 2), DeVeon Smith, Dennis Norfleet, Justice Hayes, Thomas Rawls, Drake Johnson aren't quite M's typical stable of running backs but most teams M faces would gladly that group over their own. Toussaint is only a junior and M should be really attractive for running backs in '14 where an elite freshman has a chance to play early.

Comment

• DeVeon smith is a very highly regarded RB. I think he is hurt a bit by how good Isaac is by comparison.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I liken him to Toussaint without top-end speed, the problem is I don't see much talent other than him. My guess is at least one of the others steps up along with Smith to give M a good enough backfield post Toussaint or at least I hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                            Laquon Treadwell flirting with a decision. Could come anytime.
                            The #4 WR in nation, ranked #38th overall should solidify M's #1 recruitment class, no?

"Circle of Trust" mofo's eat it!
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• For now, it will. Alabama and others have a chance to catch up if they sign a class of 25.

Comment

• We'll probably end up in the Top 5, but not #1.

Comment

Working...
                                X