Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardner isn't really a WR, is he? He might take a few snaps there but he is officially the backup QB.
    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• “He’s going to be (the) No. 2 quarterback, and then see how things go,” offensive coordinator Borges said, when asked about Gardner’s role. “Our approach with Devin hasn’t changed too much. We got to find a way to get him on the field, because he’s got skills that go over and above your average quarterback.”
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• There was plenty of talk about moving him there to get the talent on the field. Plus he's got the height. And the move to WR was cited, completely ridiculously, as a reason for his number change to #12. Whether anything actually comes of it is another story...

Comment

• Correct. Better talk about him moving than denard.

Comment

• At this point, yes. A few years ago I still think it could have made sense to move Denard, but Forcier being what he was and Denard's progress make that pointless now.

Comment

• Sounds like Channing Stribling CB/S is our newest Wolverine...

He's camping at M this week. 6'2"/170 lb's, needs a lot of weight to play safety but has the makings to play boundary corner or he has plenty of time to add weight to grow into a free safety. I didn't know who the guy was till yesterday so what little info I put above is most what I know. mgloblog, tremendous, touch the banner and the other free recruiting sites should have info about him if he really does commit today.
              Last edited by WM Wolverine; June 21, 2012, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• WM, looks like your list of commits missed the long snapper. Stribling will be 22 of 24....

We are way behind on 2014 recruiting...
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• 2* CB?
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• May as well fill all the spots, I guess ....
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Drake Harris WR/SG ('14 recruit) announcing on Wednesday between M, MSU & ND. Probably find out soon what the insiders think of where he'll land; early on he was a lean to Sparty for basketball but M made up that ground after he liked his prospects as a football recruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        heh ... good point.

If it weren't for Denard Robinson, Gardner would be the starter right now.

And, I wouldn't say that would be a totally bad thing. With the reps and experience, I think he'd be an excellent QB. He'll never be as dangerous as Denard (who is?) but I think he'll do a fine job next year as "the" man.
                        Totally with ya, liney.

Of course Gardner (or anyone) isn't going to look good with sporadic spurts of playing time. However you can see the flashes with him. Given the opportunity to know you're playing every down, and getting all of the snaps with the first team for a full year -- I don't think there's any doubt that Gardner could be a very, very capable Big Ten quarterback.
                        AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• I'm hoping a couple of games get out of hand early this year and Hoke can freely sub in the 2nd and 3rd string. With an eye at next year in general, not just Gardner. And there's always that injury bug that seems to bite at all the wrong times.
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                            I'm hoping a couple of games get out of hand early this year and Hoke can freely sub in the 2nd and 3rd string.
                            Let's hope it's not the Bama game...
                            Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• I think maybe more a loss for our football team than our hoops team. Harris goes for the green and gold.

2014 guard/wide receiver Drake Harris announced his intentions to attend Michigan State this evening. Harris, who plans to play both football and basketball in college, announced his decision at a press conference at Grand Rapids Christian High School. Harris had narrowed his list to three finalists, Michigan State, Michigan and Notre Dame, before settling on […]

Comment

Working...
                              X