This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
    If you have a personal dislike for posters here, take it some where else.

I'm back and I have the master delete button close at hand.
    hard to take it somewhere else ... but I understand and will cease and desist. No problem. However, few people deserve a good 'fuck you' more than a guy who posted what he did. It was rude and obnoxious. If said to my face would have gotten a punch in the face even if I did get my ass kicked afterwards.
    Forever One!

Comment

• UM Football Recruiting - by WM Wolverine

Delicate sparty flower

Must have struck a nerve
      Last edited by whodean; February 4, 2016, 04:01 PM.
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• All this goes back to saying that Spartans were scared?

Seems like pretty minor trash talk to elicit this reaction.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Now that I see her, I can't help but like her:

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
            Delicate sparty flower

Must have struck a nerve
            You're one line short of a Sparty haiku here. Maybe add something like ``will strike it again soon''

Comment

• My only point in posting this is that I'm disappointed how there isn't a comment section, where people can say "Who gives a shit what she thinks."

Jemele's not a big fan of signing day
              Jemele Hill explains why she does not like how big of a spectacle signing day has become, whereas Michael Smith does not mind the attention it has garnered.

Otherwise, this post is pointless and I hate that I clicked that link....
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Jeff:

Thanks for the link re how good the class is. That was a reasonable discussion. I think it's interesting to look at classes in a vacuum, but what I think is really important is whether you can stack top 10 classes together. You're going to have highly rated classes that fizzle a bit and some that exceed their ranking. Stacking 4 great classes on top of one another is the key to minimizing variance. It's what The Nick does. It's what Jimbo does. It's what Ohio State has managed to do.

A good example -- OSU's 2012 class was top 5 but largely underperformed. OSU's 2013 class was #2 and outperformed. 2014 is developing nicely and 2015, I think, will be a little underperforming. But OSU can have an underperforming class.

In 2017, M will exhaust the value of its very good 2012 and 2013 classes. And though we all bag on Hoke, those classes were really good but for a gamebreaker. In 2017 M will really be relying on this year's class to carry the day. There's no margin for error. In 2018, M should have two highly regarded classes to work with. And so on.

As one poster pointed out, you talk and goals are Alabama and Ohio State. You need to stack classes.

As for a principle point made in the post, I actually think M is fine in the "middle" -- I think as you move into the fatter part of the bell curve, there's plenty of "value" in recruiting. If JH likes a high 3 more than a low 4, that should be fine. You still definitely need the top tier guys, but in the middle, it's way more fuzzy, IMO.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• yes, 2017 is going to be a true measure of JH coaching ability... he will have to be Dantonio-esque in terms of extracting the most out of the lackluster and '14 and '15 classes. I am guessing some grad transfers will be in the mix too that year. The positive is that Sparty and Bucks have to come to Ann Arbor in 2017, which gives the fighting Harbaugh's at least a puncher's chance, despite the debacle this past year.

If M can past 2017 without a loss in momentum, JH will be in good position to get M on a roll.

I think player turnover is going to be a consistent feature of JH teams to jettison low-performing 3 and 4*'s per the rules of the meritocracy --- I worry about what will happen to our APR (?can't remember what the metric is called) scores --- but hey these are choices we have to make in this era.

Comment

• Having a Sr QB will really help in '17.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      ....... Stacking 4 great classes on top of one another is the key to minimizing variance. It's what The Nick does. It's what Jimbo does. It's what Ohio State has managed to do.

You need to stack classes.
                      Clearly this is how you build depth too. Saban's teams are sick in that regard. #2, sometimes the 3s on the depth chart would probably start anywhere else. It's why Alabama's defenses are so good. They don't wear down. Ask LSU.

urbz is going to have that too in another class or two providing your boys stop loosing to dicktonio and missing the big dance. If HARBAUGH!!! stays around long enough, he will too.
                      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; February 4, 2016, 10:23 PM.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• UFM has it now at every position but DT. But they ain't Bama, yet.

M will get there.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack_crancer View Post
                          If O'Korn is as good as advertised this team will have a very legit shot at being 11-0 when they head to Columbus. I think DeVeon Smith is primed for a breakout senior year and could surprise people next fall. Don't know what hit him between OSU and the Florida game, but he had moves and vision and power that I hadn't seen from him before.
                          He was injured and playing hurt through the last 1/2 of the season. The bowl game break gave him time to heal up. That plus some extra practice time really seemed to make him a different player.

Comment

• There will be a bit more quality depth at the RB spot next season as well. Smith will be able to come out more often and catch a quick break, instead of taking the constant beating.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 4 star OL Netori Johnson decommits from Bama. Recent offeree and teammate of Mbem-Bossi.

Comment

• Allen Trieu of D. News has listed Michigan's 2017 early Target List, looks impressive, any others?

Still remain very pleased with JH's closing of the recruiting gap with other major programs.

DE Corey Malone-Hatcher, St. Joseph (Mich.): Michigan’s recruitment of this hybrid passer from the west side goes back to the previous staff, but Greg Mattison bridged that gap and the Wolverines remain one of his top schools. Notre Dame is the other threat right now although Alabama, Ohio State and others have offered, as well.

QB Dylan McCaffrey, Highlands Ranch (Colo.) Valor Christian: The younger brother of Heisman finalist Christian McCaffrey, some say Dylan is actually the family’s best football player, which is saying something. A nearly 6-foot-5 passer who is mobile enough to make plays with his feet, as well, McCaffrey lists Michigan as one of his top choices.

OT Isaiah Wilson, Brooklyn (N.Y.) Poly Prep: A monstrous 6-foot-7, 280-pound left tackle prospect, Wilson has offers from all over the country, including Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Georgia and Penn State. That said, the Wolverines made his top 10 and many feel they are the odds-on favorite for him.

LB Josh Ross, Orchard Lake St. Mary’s: Older brother James Ross playing at Michigan gives the younger Ross great familiarity with the campus and program. While others like Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Oklahoma have offered this hard-hitter, it is widely believed Ross will end up in Ann Arbor.

WR Donovan Peoples-Jones, Detroit Cass Tech: The state’s top junior, Peoples-Jones is a fast, electrifying prospect. Given that the Wolverines have had good luck at Cass traditionally and 2016 signee Lavert Hill says he will be recruiting Peoples-Jones, they should be in the mix until the end for this one. Ohio State, Michigan State, Florida, Tennessee, Notre Dame and really the entire rest of the country are also recruiting him.

S J’Marick Woods, Florence (Ala.): Despite having to come from Alabama, Woods has already visited Michigan, attending a game last fall. The 6-foot-4, 196-pound athlete has a Wolverine offer. Other programs, including Tennessee and Kentucky, have offered, but the Alabama connection with 2016 signee Kingston Davis should help the Wolverines in this one.
                                "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

Working...
                                X