Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, in his "tweet" about decommitting, he said that he was going to offer his services to an "ELITE" (emphasis his, not mine) school that wanted a good RB. Sorry, but that offended me and several thousand other Michigan fans.

But, my real concern is for Falcon himself. The kid has a long history of leg, knee and ankle injuries. It is so extensive, that M doctors recommended to him that he not play football anymore. In fact, he just missed his ENTIRE senior year of HS ball due to an ongoing leg/ankle problem.

Harbaugh took the high road, and offered the kid a full ride, but no football. He turns around and spits on Harbaugh's offer, and says he wants to go to an "elite" school.

Well, lets see how many "elite" schools are going to line up to take a kid who's been told by some of the best medical people in the world, that he should not play football anymore.
    Last edited by lineygoblue; November 16, 2015, 02:56 PM.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Rashan Gary to visit Michigan again:

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• There's also a rumor floating around that Mone may be able to play at some point in the remaining season, this from a supposed comment from Harbaugh at today's presser. I've not heard it yet so can't confirm.

What I do know is that if he plays, he burns a red-shirt. Not sure how that plays with JH and I know JH isn't going to pay him unless he is convinced playing him is not going to risk further injury.

M is in on at least 3 big time D linemen in this recruiting class so, don't think it matters much long term if Mone burns his redshirt. There's going to be great depth if everything turns out in recruiting like it should..... and that's not my area.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Geezer, I agree with your post, but I can't see Mich v Ohio or M v MSU ever being on a rotational schedule
          Liney:

You have created a blue-box machine here! UM v MSU would happen every year if the two Michigan teams move to the West. Only Ohio cares about The Game as you so ably point out.

Another option would be an A division and a B division with the best teams in the A division. Top 1 or 2 in the B move up, and worst 1 or 2 in the A move down. But then you wouldn't be able to schedule way in advance.

Crossover is also a possibility.

Liney, you are correct. For most of my life there was the big 2 and the little 8. Having the big 2 play in the last game of the season was great. If we went back to the original 10 and played nine games, great. But this nonsense of a rivalry game is BS for Michigan. My next door neighbors both (H+W) graduated from Illinois. the H still has a shirt that says "MUCK FISHIGAN". If you go around the B10 (and there was a map to back this up published a year or two ago) you will find that many of the schools consider UM their biggest rival. Just the way it is and has been. Maybe because it is unfair that the best academic university in the conference also has the best football team. Maybe because UM fans are arrogant pricks. Doesn't matter. I know Minny, NWern, Ill and Ind view UM as their biggest rival. Wisconsin and Nebraska are trying to nurture a rivalry. But most schools in the B10 want to beat UM the most, and the ticket prices reflect this.

The Game exists only in the "minds" of OSU fans, using that term in the most expansive possible sense.

heh

Comment

• I don't care about his redshirt if it means winning games in the present...

Burning redshirts for true freshman who play special teams (or 30 snaps in a season) is a pet peeve of mine. However burning a redshirt for a guy who will start 3 critical games is not wasting it.

Comment

• Can't imagine Mone being ready, even for OSU. As of a few weeks ago, I read he wasn't even walking yet. I wouldn't want to waste him if he's just a body to put in there. If he can come back and be who he is, sure, but I'm not counting on it.

Comment

• In-season, not a lot of recruiting news other than kids taking official visits. More decommitment news than recruiting news. Recruiting news will take off for both the '16 and '17 classes after The Game.

Comment

• Gary potentially visiting again isn't exactly news though. That's been in the works for weeks and still nothing is planned.

Comment

• News to me. Very good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                      Gary potentially visiting again isn't exactly news though. That's been in the works for weeks and still nothing is planned.
                      It would be a good idea to contact the Garys so they do not waste the airfare.

Gary Eyes Return Visit To Michigan
                      Steve Lorenz - 5 hours ago 35
                      Newsletter

In some great news for Michigan and their coaching staff, it appears they're going to get #1 overall prospect Rashan Gary back on their campus before National Signing Day, according to his mother Jennifer Coney, who spoke with 247Sports analysts Keith Niebuhr and Kipp Adams on Monday.

"It would definitely be in January right before Signing Day," she said. "We are leaning that way. I want him to go there one more time before he decides. His sister, my husband, all of us will be there."

A visit from Gary would be his fourth to Michigan's campus as a recruit. He's already been on his official visit for the game against BYU and was on campus twice during the off-season.
                      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• That's my point. He's said he wants to for weeks, but nothing is SCHEDULED. Maybe planned was the wrong choice of words. He's a lock anyway.

Comment

• It's OK.

Talent has him going to Alabama anyway...guess Meyer doesn't need him?
                          "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• If only we could have all of them...
                            Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Only room for about 8, I don't think there is one on the list they'd turn away.

Comment

Working...
                              X