Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M should move up a bit when a few recruits are evaluated, or reevaluated.

Comment

• Now that I have this HUGE bet going on, I need to start paying attention to 247 rankings now. Good to see Onwenu moved up to the #1OG, #61 overall. Brederson coming now, #30 overall and probably Davis at some point, #73 overall. Goooooooood tiiiiiiiimmmessss!!
      It's the 247 COMPOSITE, Oracle. Onwenu is rated #61 by 247, but the 247 Composite (combining all major recruiting ratings) has him at #159. Though, he is the highest rated M recruit in the Composite to date.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That's BS, I'm out! Good to know, I've been a Rivals guy most my life.

Comment

• 247 has Bredeson on the M commit list.

Yeah, I prefer the Composite. I believe it's 247+Rivals+Scout+ESPN. So whenever there's a reevaluation in those ratings, there's fluctuation in the Composite. For example, someone did something today beyond 247 because an OSU kid picked up a star.

Comment

• Does the Composite update immediately once a service re-evaluates?

Comment

• Also, if you click on a team through the Team Rankings and get to the commit page, the first line of ratings is the Composite, the 2nd is the 247-only (by national, position, state). You can click on any of those rankings to see that ranking page (e.g., the Wisconsin state rankings page through Bredeson). Highly functional. Gads better than the trainwreck Scout has become and better than Rivals, IMO.

Comment

• Does the Composite update immediately once a service re-evaluates?
                Pretty close. Usually within a day.

Comment

• Also, if you click on the the State rankings you'll see four boxes -- for most of the top guys they'll be four red boxes. I think those indicate how many of the services have rated the player. For Michigan, the top 10 have been rated by all 4, but Trishton Jackson has only been rated by 3. At least I think that's what it means.

A composite strength meter, indicated by red bars, illustrates the total number of industry services that have ranked the prospect. A full strength meter indicates the prospect has been ranked by all industry services participating in the composite.
                  Anywho...the bet is on....and would have been even with knowledge of Bredeson on board.

Comment

• With Gary M has a chance at a top 10 class. Tough to see them getting there without him.

Comment

• Lol @ ``Trishton''. Strunk Flugget, etc. etc.

Comment

• Would need Kelly and a few others, which is all still on the table.

Comment

• M is currently 9th (via 247), but in terms of average recruit they are lagging behind a lot of programs they are in front of...

Rashad Weaver DE/TE has only been evaluated by 2 services and should get a bump from the other two when he's reevaluated... Ditto for Dytarious Johnson LB...

Sean McKeown (#58 TE) should get a big bump too, looking at highlights I don't see him being a much different recruit than the #10 tight end... Kingston Davis RB (3 services out of 4) looks criminally underrated to me, he's a low 3* but I see a solid 4-star in him.

Comment

• That's a factor too -- a number of these 2/3* guys will be 3/4* by the time they get here. Whether because they are underrated or because Michigan picking them leads to overrating, that's a likely outcome.

Comment

• M is currently 9th (via 247), but in terms of average recruit they are lagging behind a lot of programs they are in front of...
                              As a Captain of Industry and not a Stargazer, after all the ballyhoo, M's class is ranked #9?
                              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Thanks as much due to quantity than quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X