Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teams of interest: Colgate, Mercer, Air Force, Columbia, Temple, Illinois and Air Force.

And, FYI, it sure looks like my call that HARBAUGH would flip Josh Metellus from Georgia Southern is about to hit!
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• There's a kid from Columbus that I really like and Ohio State won't offer. He's 6'3", 225 and just ran a 21.89 in the 200. He's athletic and, IMO, will be a hell of a WDE or SAM. Ethan Tucky. He just committed to BC. Anyway....
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Weaver is 245 pounds and he runs a 5.23 40.

I mean. Holy shit.
        Last edited by Hannibal; June 14, 2015, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• I am now officially concerned. The problem is the damned scholarship limit. It gives the two stars a real incentive to commit rapidly, while the difference-makers wait. Now I understand the "uncommitable" offers.

I don't think it is as much hubris on JH's part as he thinks that kids deserve to be able to commit if they get an offer. Maybe he is trying to be honorable. I just don't understand it.

Comment

• At least Rich Rod had a gimmicky scheme that allowed him to get "his" type of player to fit the system. Harbaugh really needs to get talented players. Therefor, recruiting is more essential for the power football and mostly unsifisticated system he runs.

I never thought I'd see the day UM would be fighting for a recruit with Mercer co.

Comment

• Relax weedhoppers. Be one with the Harbaugh. Recruiting is light as a feather, winning as heavy as a mountain. This time next year will be the time to assess.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Nicely put Kwai Chang Caine.

Harbaugh and his NFL staff are experts at assessing talent.

This process actually started in the spring when he likely reviewed in horror, the 4-year Hoke recruitment charad.

Harbaugh is now addressing those deficiencies with players he can develop immediately.

There is a HUGE difference between the Super Bowl & the Wild Wings Bowl.
                Last edited by Prime2; June 15, 2015, 05:45 AM.
                "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• No...no... no .. Jon and Prime ... you have it all wrong.

These guys are worse than Rich Rod and Brady Hoke. They have no clue what they are doing. They are running all over the country, handing out offers to 1-2 stars all willy-nilly, and they are leading the program into an absolute disaster.

O that Brady Hoke would have left his forwarding address, so that he could be brought back to rescue this shambles that Harbaugh and his staff have wrought upon our beloved program .....

... and maybe if Brady is still upset about being canned, someone might be found with the courage to approach Rich Rodriguez about a hopeful return to Ann Arbor .....

ye gads....
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Actually Hanni went to extraordinary lengths to analyze over the years exactly how many "5-Star" recruits including the likes of Morris, Gardner and Green that never lived up to their recruitment firm ranking and assessment.

Is there a return policy? I mean these guys must be defective or simply overrated? Can we get 5-star recruits that actually preform to those lofty standards or is it actually coaching and player development that separates the wheat from the chaff?

Beyond mental retardation. I'm "all in" for landing recruits that hold greater promise than others but that is where it ends.
                    Last edited by Prime2; June 15, 2015, 08:34 AM.
                    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• After years of excellence Harbaugh isn't suddenly going to become a tool. It's important to be skeptical, but pessimism just for the sake of it is going to suddenly make allies out of OP and Hack. Is that really what we all want around here?

Comment

• The working theme for this class is the under-appreciated Gamer that Harbaugh thinks will come in and put their nose to the grindstone, give him 110% in practice and on the field, that he can "coach up", and who will set a level of participation, effort, desire and cameraderie that will pay off for years to come.

This is the bedrock class.
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• That 40 time can't be right.

Comment

• The real Jim Harbaugh was executed by thugs in San Francisco. They were hired by John York and killed Harbaugh in York's office after the final game of the regular season. The impostor Jim Harbaugh, whose bizarre behavior continues to entertain the media, was created in a lab in Columbus, Ohio. The lab created the clone Harbaugh with money donated by Jack Nicklaus, Patricia Heaton, Hank Steinbrenner, and David Brandon among others. The clone Harbaugh was programmed to travel the United States and offer scholarships to lowly-ranked high school football players in order to sabotage the Michigan program. His mission is near completion.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• M doesn't have a lot of mutual interest from 4-star safety types, I think they'd take both those teammates from Florida (Gil & Metellus) and lots of programs would take his teammate LB (Bush)...

Weaver DE is recruited as an athlete, he gets in the backfield pretty regularly and has the size to play SDE or TE. Looks pretty quick, explosive so you can project him for either position... Hopefully Khalid Kareem SDE announces for the Wolverines on the 24th and Weaver can play TE where I like his size better...

As far as tight end. Upshur is still the top target but M has had Chase Claypool TE/WR on campus and M will be solidly among his top 3-4. He can play either position but how well he adds weight will determine whether he can play TE at the B10 level. I like him more as a receiving tight end...

Atwaine Richardson CB did have offers from Miami, Wisconsin, Syracuse and West Virginia...

One of M's top targets at WDE Rahssan Thornton got his offer from Texas. M will have to compete against Texas and LSU for him.
                              Last edited by WM Wolverine; June 15, 2015, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• M offered another QB, Victor Viramontes (3*, California)... Competition is Wisconsin & Washington State for now... He's a rushing threat in the Tebow-lite power rushing mold.

Not sure if this signals the rumors of a QB transfer are likely but potentially taking 4 QB's in back-to-back recruiting classes might hint what JH thinks of the QB's in the '13 - '14 recruiting classes.

Comment

Working...
                                X