Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, them's first world problems. Perhaps Martez Ivey is agonizing over Auburn or Florida. A lot of recruits have to make "hard" decisions.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• So far, strike outs across the board with everyone decent except for flipping the one QB who isn't very highly thought of on a couple of sites. We have managed to flip a couple of Tamani Carter/Justin Feagin types so -- yay.

Even if Wheatley joins the fold, this class is a complete disaster.

Comment

• Congrats to UFM. His scheme of threatening a players friends worked well. He must have learned it from Kim Jong Un.

Best of luck to Mr Weber. Here's hoping he never plays a down at OSU and has a long and very successful career in some other field.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
          Hey I always thought you were crazy for the "Harbaugh Harbaugh Harbaugh" stuff. You've got a little leash around here.
          Heh -- well I deserve no credit for that. It wasn't a prediction and I thought it was just as much of a pipe dream as anyone else. Same for Marshall -- the vision of a dominant secondary making life simple for the other two position groups is too tempting to give up on, especially with the lack of proven difference-makers on the DL right now. Start him, accept the early growing pains, and, assuming he's as advertised, you hit November with that secondary rolling.

Comment

• So who's Sam Webb? That guy really knows his sources

Comment

• strike outs across the board with everyone decent except for flipping the one QB who isn't very highly thought of on a couple of sites.

I'd just like to express my admiration for your ability to see the dark side. I don't know that I've ever seen a sports pessimist who does it better.

Comment

• This is the price paid for getting Harbaugh, but that price is a bargain.

Comment

• I'm completely immune to the wildly irrational pessimism that infects 99% of sports fans.

So when I see that we will end up with the 50th ranked recruiting class in the country coming on the heels of an unranked recruiting class the year before I tend to not get rosy and cheery about it.

If this was MSU or OSU, we would be pointing our fingers and laughing our asses off.

Comment

• In the grand scheme, today is a nothing burger. If Harbaugh can coach, Michigan will be in the top 10-15 every year and potentially compete for championships. The recruts will come. If he can't coach, the program is in serious jeopardy going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                      strike outs across the board with everyone decent except for flipping the one QB who isn't very highly thought of on a couple of sites.

I'd just like to express my admiration for your ability to see the dark side. I don't know that I've ever seen a sports pessimist who does it better.
                      Before, they had great recruiting and crap coaching...now the Spartans are out recruiting UM...We'll see if Harbaugh is worth the hype and can coach these 3* guys up.

Comment

• I thought it would be a disappointing day, and I was right. Flipping 3 stars is nothing to get excited about.
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• They really haven't had great recruiting for a long time.

Comment

• But star rankings don't matter amirite?

Comment

• Weber most likely joins Kalis, Dunn, Thomas and a long list of others who mattered most as recruits and never as much after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                They really haven't had great recruiting for a long time.
                                I don't know about that. But they have not had great player development for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X