Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'd think that Mattison would know better than to be honest about something like that.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Who knows exactly what he said vs how they perceived it. If he said something along the lines of "you can use football to get an education at one of the best schools in the country" then, I'd say they overreacted. Mattison's been doing this a long time...has to be context related.

Comment

• Given the competition to enter UM as a non-athletic freshman, you damn near need a 4 point GPA just to be considered. That is just a fact of life. I couldn't get in on my high school grades and had to use a 4.0 GPA for college classes taken while in the military. And UM didn't transfer 75% of those credits on top of that. I wonder if Neal has a distorted sense of what is required to attend a quality university in the first place.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Or he was trying to say the kid couldn't get in without football and should take it.. and the kid was insulted by the fact it came across as he's not smart enough.
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Whatever the story, the genius of the allegations is that M can't really respond. So there is no rebuttal which, in this day and age, is as good as confirmation.

Outstanding. Who knew a pissing match between UNL and M over a Sun Belt level kid would produce such a nice little gem. Huzzah!
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Dollars to doughnuts says Mattison was right. It's a very hard school to get into. I don't fault him for saying it. Weed out the easily butthurt pussies who can't deal with a dose of unflattering honesty.

Comment

• Neal plays way too stiff, even if he grows in a DT. M stole the DE from Nebraska they needed.

Comment

• He's got a 3.1 GPA, of course he wasn't getting in to Michigan without football. Listened to the podcast with Gregg Henson and to me, sounds like a huge overreaction. "they told me I wasn't getting into Michigan without football; basically calling me stupid to my face", uhhhhhhhh not quite. Real world dude.

Comment

• I'll venture a guess and say that 95% of all "money sports" college athletes in the B10 wouldn't be admitted to their respective institutions on their academics alone. Heh.

BTW, I think it's close to that number for "recruited" Ivy league players, too. They may be non-scholarship, but if you're good they'll recruit you and get you in.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                      Neal plays way too stiff, even if he grows in a DT. M stole the DE from Nebraska they needed.
                      and yet the did an in home visit for a 6'-7" stiff kid.. must just be messing with UNL
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Everybody knows he wasn't getting in without football. Why point it out?

Comment

• Maybe Neal asked.

Comment

• M was desperate for DL recruits in this class, entropy. Not sure how he'll be used but I don't see much upside there.

Comment

• Do need to know the context, I suppose. Doesn't make sense that Mattison would just throw out that comment unsolicited.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Yeah. It was probably ``Thank for the cookies, Mrs. Neal. I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that your kid isn't smart enough for Michigan without football. Anyhoo...''

Comment

Working...
                                X