Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrow was selling himself. Clark does have a Kentucky offer, though Marrow did not apparently mention either school. Sounds very Urban Meyerish.

"It's not officially done, but it sounded like he's going there, he said it was a great school, but he was sort of talking about it generally -- he really didn't mention Michigan specifically," Clark said. "He didn't really (talk about Kentucky either, though), we sort of talked about how he could really help me in terms of coaching, help get me ready for the next level."
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• OP: Here is a case where early enrollment (and having to wait on Harbaugh) hurts UM in recruitment of Rosen. Rosen has said that if Mora leaves, he would consider UM his leader. Rosen is an early enrolee and school starts tomorrow at UCLA, so there is no way Rosen could enroll at UM. He would have to give up a semester, and a spring practice, to do so and I can't see that happening.

The dead period, particularly considering how recruiting has changed to tweets and IM's, is another rule whose time has long passed. Manning has excelled in this form of recruiting, and that is the main reason Harbaugh is keeping him.

Comment

• Marrow was selling himself. Clark does have a Kentucky offer, though Marrow did not apparently mention either school. Sounds very Urban Meyerish.
        Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. If Meyer isn't breaking NCAA rules in his methods, then Michigan isn't doing so if they copy his methods. It can't be okay for one and wrong for the other.

I don't want to see Michigan walking the NCAA rules tightrope, but in some cases they may have to in order to level the playing field.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• This really isn't analogous to UFM. Unless he hires a QB coach who starts recruiting players for Ohio State before he actually signs with Ohio State. But, whatever.

General George S. Harbaugh would rather cut off both arms than doing anything even approaching any gray areas. LOL.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• All it is is:

GAME FUCKING ON

Comment

• Heh. Something like that.

Comment

• General George S. Harbaugh would rather cut off both arms than doing anything even approaching any gray areas. LOL.
                I think we'll have roughly the same number of NCAA investigations that we had during the Hoke era.

Comment

• Kentucky outlets reporting that Morrow is staying at UK. So the game continues.

Comment

• Well, he probably likes his current job. He may have some sort of agreement with UK about stepping up to HC if Stoops leaves.

Comment

• he loves Stoops and thinks they can build something special there. respect his loyalty.

Comment

• That was the outcome the OSU Insider thought was most likely.

Also, while Chris Clark's recruitment is great entertainment, I don't take anything he has to say seriously.

Comment

• My Son, Sean, was in NC over the weekend. Ran in to a HS coach who knows of a DE on the football team who was at a Junior Combine Thur.-Sat. last week.

Harbaugh was reportedly there. I googled to try to find the combine and there are a several of them in the SE that first week in January before kids go back to school.

Not a lot of meat in this but, if accurate, and I have no reason to doubt it is, Harbaugh seems to be getting around...... "talking" to kids though the fence maybe ala. reports of ufm while at UF.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Frank would never do that.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              What Marrow did, if true, is well into the gray area. You can't recruit a kid like that unless you're actually on the staff of the school. That's why JH couldn't contact any recruits until he was actually signed. Marrow can talk to Clark about UK, but it's some real bullshit if he's actually recruiting for M.

But, hey, it's not surprising.

Marrow is a gray area coach.. perfect for Kentucky.
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I don't have any problems with "gray area." Marrow would have been a nice addition to Harbaugh's staff but its not a catastrophe that he's not coming.

The point is that M should be operating within the same recruiting areas, gray or otherwise, that the competition, esp. ufm, is operating. Learning how to "interpret" the rules and then defend your interpretation with denial is the key to avoiding NCAA scrutiny.

M needs a new playbook here and if admin types will stay the f' away from the football program, JH will be just fine.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X