X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that guy is like Ray Guy, who was a 1st round pick, I believe

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
      If any punter should be a first round draft pick, I'd say its that guy.
      My thoughts from last night. He was so good.

Jim Harbaugh is in Pittsburgh for tonight's playoff game.
      1. Potential recruits will see Coach Harbaugh on TV and they will talk about the brothers.
      2. Jim obviously is there for his brother
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Chris Clark basically comes out and says Marrow is recruiting him for Michigan. Let's hope it plays out like that. He was one of my favorite commits earlier in life.

Comment

• Where did you hear that at?
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Here, among other places:

Comment

• "It's not officially done, but it sounded like he's going there, he said it was a great school, but he was sort of talking about it generally -- he really didn't mention Michigan specifically," Clark said. "He didn't really (talk about Kentucky either, though), we sort of talked about how he could really help me in terms of coaching, help get me ready for the next level.

At this point I could use a refresher on dead-zone rules for contacting recruits. That sounds like something OSU could get away with but Michigan wouldn't.

Comment

• Dead period/quiet period basically means no face to face interaction. Phone calls to players/coaches are fine.

Comment

• Forget it.. That thing called google sure helped..

ANN ARBOR -- As Jim Harbaugh continues to work on filling out the rest of his staff, there are a handful of names still up in the air in terms of a decision.

One of those names is Kentucky tight ends coach/recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow.

Per Scout.com, Marrow was offered a spot on Harbaugh's staff by the coach himself Friday, and was in the midst of mulling things over this weekend.

But from the sounds of it, Marrow is already starting to contact Michigan recruits -- notably the top tight end target in the class, Chris Clark.

Clark told MLive he spoke with Marrow over Twitter direct message on Sunday, the first time he's really ever talked with him, as he's not interested in going to Kentucky. And while Marrow didn't directly mention Michigan, Clark said he left the conversation more or less convinced that Marrow is leaning toward taking a job in Ann Arbor.

"It's not officially done, but it sounded like he's going there, he said it was a great school, but he was sort of talking about it generally -- he really didn't mention Michigan specifically," Clark said. "He didn't really (talk about Kentucky either, though), we sort of talked about how he could really help me in terms of coaching, help get me ready for the next level.

"But if I had to say, was the conversation leaning more toward Michigan? Yeah, I'd have to say that. Because, Kentucky, I'm not really looking at Kentucky. ... I think he's going to end up (at Michigan), if I had to guess."

Clark said Marrow told him he's seen all of his game tape and film, and expressed excitement about possibly working with him one day.

The 6-foot-6, 247-pound Clark is Scout.com's No. 1 overall tight end in the country. The Avon, Connecticut prospect was a Michigan commit prior to the 2014 season, but he backed out of his pledge the day Brady Hoke was fired.

However, Michigan is now closer to pulling even with UCLA atop his recruiting list after he received a call from Harbaugh last Tuesday. Clark told MLive at the time that he hopes to visit Ann Arbor shortly after the dead period ends on Jan. 15.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                    "It's not officially done, but it sounded like he's going there, he said it was a great school, but he was sort of talking about it generally -- he really didn't mention Michigan specifically," Clark said. "He didn't really (talk about Kentucky either, though), we sort of talked about how he could really help me in terms of coaching, help get me ready for the next level.

At this point I could use a refresher on dead-zone rules for contacting recruits. That sounds like something OSU could get away with but Michigan wouldn't.

Dead-zone rules or not, the conversation mentioned in the article sounds a bit suspicious or at least some sort of conflict of interest. Really odd unless Morrow is in fact on staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mackenzie View Post
                      Dead-zone rules or not, the conversation mentioned in the article sounds a bit suspicious or at least some sort of conflict of interest. Really odd unless Morrow is in fact on staff.
                      It is a little weird him contacting our recruits while still on UKs staff but it doesn't ring of conflict of interest just yet. From the message Marrow discussed how "he" could help Clark at that next level and not mentioning U of M in the conversation kind of clears him
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Well, if I could interject a lunkhead's POV here...

... if ....

A. Clark has NO interest in Kentucky ... and ...

B. Marrow is still a Kentucky assistant with an offer to go to Michigan and ..

C. Marrow is talking about working with Clark at the next level ... then ...

unless Marrow also has a coaching offer at UCLA, I'd conclude that Marrow is probably coming to Michigan.

... or, am I still just being a lunkhead? ....

and

Wiz: shaddup
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Jim Mora delated his Twitter account and as we know they've become an important recruiting tool.

Hope Harbaugh can snag Rosen, provided the kid has what Jimmy knows it takes*.
                          http://fansided.com/2015/01/03/jim-m...aching-rumors/

*NFL franchise QBs.
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• What Marrow did, if true, is well into the gray area. You can't recruit a kid like that unless you're actually on the staff of the school. That's why JH couldn't contact any recruits until he was actually signed. Marrow can talk to Clark about UK, but it's some real bullshit if he's actually recruiting for M.

But, hey, it's not surprising.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "And while Marrow didn't directly mention Michigan".... you might want to send a complaint letter to Kentucky and I highly doubt they are capable of reading it but fill your boots.

Dead period

The dead period is the most restrictive. No in-person contact is allowed, even if a prospect makes a visit to the college campus. Written and electronic communications are still permitted.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...iet-evaluation
                              Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 4, 2015, 05:06 PM.
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• When Clark commits for the third time (probably to M), I wonder if he'll talk shit about Ohio State again.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X