Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have to make compromises I suppose.

Comment

• M is not in a position to compromise and I don't think Harbaugh is into that.

If he sees value in retaining these guys, I'd have to go with that because he's running the show and I have to trust his judgement. But if he is being asked to keep them, and acquiescing, I would be greatly disappointed in that.

If you think about it, if you think about Harbaugh, that is not who he is.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I bet Brian has the right of it - they are being kept on in a NON COACHING capacity. Its tough for a leader to come in and start with ALL new people. There is some value (as much as we would like to broom the entire group) to some institutional memory.

I recently had to do this as I took the top position in my organization coming in from the outside. Not the same as coaching, but I would believe it would apply.

Comment

• If you look at Mattison, he has the John Harbaugh connection. I think there is value there. I guess I have a greater respect for Jackson than you guys. I don't know if he's a great coach but I always thought he was really an asset in the Michigan recruiting area.

Don't worry about it, he will put together a solid staff. And if they don't produce he will waste no time dispatching them as he proved at Stanford.

Comment

• If the organization is successful and looking to be energized to take that final step, yes.

In Ms case, since Carr's last two years, so that's a decade + 1y,M football has been a mess. It's culture destroyed, it's fundamental strengths wasted.

You can rebuild on those fundamental strengths but the garbage that's accumulated on top of it has to be removed.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Does anyone have more information about Michigan's 2015 commit, Andrew David? The kicker.
              I was looking up stuff about him and question how good he is...

Before David's junior year, David was 88 of 95 on extra point attempts in his prep career, and was 13 of 24 on field goal attempts. That's when he received a scholarship.

On Scout, he is a 3 star, non ranked player.
              On Rivals, he is 2 star, non ranked... received offers from no other teams.

Just nervous because Michigan's kicking game has been inconsistent since the great Garrett Rivas left Michigan..
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Kickers are never rated highly.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                  Does anyone have more information about Michigan's 2015 commit, Andrew David? The kicker.
                  I was looking up stuff about him and question how good he is...

Before David's junior year, David was 88 of 95 on extra point attempts in his prep career, and was 13 of 24 on field goal attempts. That's when he received a scholarship.

On Scout, he is a 3 star, non ranked player.
                  On Rivals, he is 2 star, non ranked... received offers from no other teams.

Just nervous because Michigan's kicking game has been inconsistent since the great Garrett Rivas left Michigan..

ESPN has him rated as the 10th best kicker in his class.

Comment

• The kicker is pretty good. If you were in the market for a kicker -- and you usually are every 3rd or 4th year, he's a goo done to get.

As far as I'm concerned, the Bama punter should have at least been a 4* with the way he affected the game.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Bama really let their punter down Thursday night.

Comment

• He was worth at least 7 points, IMO.

Comment

• right. I think he hit a 72 yard punt and was consistently around 50 net.

Comment

• The only reason his average wasn't above 50 is because his last 3 punts were relatively short-field punts that were deadly accurate and pinned OSU inside the 5. It was f'n ridiculous. 55.0 average, no returns, with 5 of 7 punts pinning OSU inside the 20.

"The most important play in football is the punt." -- James Tressel.

Comment

• "Punting isn't a bad thing." --Lloyd Carr.

Comment

• If any punter should be a first round draft pick, I'd say its that guy.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X