Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm neutral on Mattison staying. Positives include some continuity on the D and with the players but I'm not convinced Durkin and Mattison will blend well. Until I see that and am comfortable that the chemistry is there, I'll be skeptical.

A lot will depend on Harbaugh manages these two. He has no history with Mattison and does with Durkin. As well, a lot will depend on what kind of role Mattison is willing to play. He stood behind Hoke until the last and when he was fired, if reports are accurate, he cleaned out his office and left, we can assume in protest. Can you take that kind of whiney performance back? Maybe. I guess Harbaugh thinks so.

Lots of question marks.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I remember Mattison mentioning that he'd like to retire in Ann Arbor at one point. Perhaps this is a transition move to keep him around for 1 year, and assist with the transition, players and recruiting. I'd bet he retires at the end of his original contract.

Comment

• Keeping Mattison and Jackson is a no brainer.

Comment

• At almost 900K in salary? I never once saw his defense win the day or anchor the team.

Meyer once said he thought Mattison was the best recruiter in CFB and don't forget he left John Harbaugh's Ravens to join Brady Hoke in his crusade.

I'm comfortable with what King James decides, after all "God probably wills it".
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
            Jackson certainly hadn't been the problem that Funk was
            Yes he has. He is a completely worthless bum and an absolutely terrible terrible coach who has squandered immeasurable amounts of talent. If Harbaugh is not letting him go then my enthusiasm for the Harbaugh era instantly craters.

Comment

• Jackson is way past his prime. Wheatley could coach RB.

Comment

• A fucking chimpanzee could coach the RBs better than Jackson. The next time that he actually develops a player or teaches a guy something will be the first time in over a decade. The bum is as worthless as a used condom. Fucking awful. This is exactly the type of horrifying bullshit that has us where we are now.

Why does it have to be Jackson? Why? Is there anyone on Earth other than Fred Jackson's mother who thinks that the best person to be the RB coach is Fred Jackson and not somebody from the outside? Why not go after the guy from Wisconsin or Minnesota? Why not go after the guy who coaches RBs at Indiana or Boston College? Or Arkansas? Or Georgia? Or any of the other 100+ programs in the country where running backs actually get positive coaching and don't fucking suck horribly?
                Last edited by Hannibal; January 1, 2015, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  A fucking chimpanzee could coach the RBs better than Jackson. The next time that he actually develops a player or teaches a guy something will be the first time in over a decade. The bum is as worthless as a used condom. Fucking awful. This is exactly the type of horrifying bullshit that has us where we are now.

Why does it have to be Jackson? Why? Is there anyone on Earth other than Fred Jackson's mother who thinks that the best person to be the RB coach is Fred Jackson and not somebody from the outside? Why not go after the guy from Wisconsin or Minnesota? Why not go after the guy who coaches RBs at Indiana or Boston College? Or Arkansas? Or Georgia? Or any of the other 100+ programs in the country where running backs actually get positive coaching and don't fucking suck horribly?
                  I agree with this 120%. The M football program is not a retirement home. Time to stop that non sense. Mattison included. He had his time. Buy him out. Get someone who's good and hungry.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Very disappointing.

Comment

• Tough crowd

I just assume he would be retained as the gateway to the PSL. Couldn't you just retain him in some other capacity?

Comment

• It hasn't been confirmed that Jackson is staying on. Only thing I have seen is a Twitter post from a recruit. He definitely needs to go, so we'll see what happens.
                        Last edited by paul daugherity; January 1, 2015, 07:53 PM. Reason: Typo.

Comment

• Over on Mgoblog - Brian is reporting that Jackson may be retained, but most likely in a non-coaching capacity. Probably some aspect of recruiting. I'm fine with that as long as he's not the RB coach. For some reason, a lot of current players like him and he does recruit fairly well from what I've heard. A good way to ease him out as our running backs haven't developed under him since Mike Hart.

Comment

• Fred Jackson is recruiting for M, he's staying in some capacity... sounds like Roy Manning will stay too.

Comment

• His recruiting sucks too. His area of expertise is Detroit and our rivals are constantly plucking guys away from there. It certainly won't be a big loss if we get somebody new there.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; January 1, 2015, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• I have a hadrd time imagining Harbaugh is willing to give up the NCAA allotted coaching positions (15?) to allow "family" to retire in comfort.

I coud care less if these guys are retained as administrative staff in some capacity but, coaches? NO.

Comment

Working...
                                X