Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe it was Oracle who stated Ron Johnson and Brad Hawkins (teammates) are possible decommits, watch to see if they take a visit this upcoming weekend.

Comment

• Jordan Elliott tweeted a pic of him and his family with Texas gear on basically thanking his family throughout the process.
      He then deleted it shortly after.

As expected, he is Texas bound.... Unofficially, just obvious.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• To put those in context. Hokes 2012 class had 34 commits and averaged 85.17 on the composite. Hoke's 2013 class had 35 commits and averaged 86.22 on the composite.

Harbaugh is currently at 26 commits with an average of 89.63 on the composite.
        For some reason 247 includes everyone who participated on the team or something. Click on Michigan for 2012 and see who is in the class. Brian Cleary. Michael Jocz. And so on. Hell, for OSU's 2013 class they say they signed 29 when it was actually only 24. There are 5 unrated kids in the class (according to 247) that I haven't heard of..me...a diehard Buckeye fan.

Michigan actually signed 25 kids for 2012, not 34. Hoke's 275 was on on 25 commits. He signed 27 in 2013. You can confirm this numbers looking at Rivals or Scout.

So, he had 25 for 275 and 27 for 289. You know, to put that in context, your HARBAUGH!!! is at 26 for 269.

So, you know...my point is entirely correct. But thanks for raising the issue of the weird way 247 ends up doing class numbers.
        Last edited by iam416; January 27, 2016, 05:56 PM.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Micro scorekeeping, is just ridiculous, Gary boost is 10+, right? February 3rd we will see where the class stands. Remove the early accounting for Bosa and OSU doesn't sit temporarily at #1.

Frankly, Michigan as a traditional powerhouse, essentially recruits itself like (ND, OSU, USC and alike) top players will always lineup, Hoke was the beneficiary of this.

How many players did he develop and turn into NFL ballers, I think ONE player at San Diago State and ZERO players during his 5 years as the HC of Ball St. but boy you are sure right, Hoke can really recruit.
          Last edited by Prime2; January 27, 2016, 06:12 PM.
          "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            For some reason 247 includes everyone who participated on the team or something. Click on Michigan for 2012 and see who is in the class. Brian Cleary. Michael Jocz. And so on. Hell, for OSU's 2013 class they say they signed 29 when it was actually only 24. There are 5 unrated kids in the class (according to 247) that I haven't heard of..me...a diehard Buckeye fan.

Michigan actually signed 25 kids for 2012, not 34. Hoke's 275 was on on 25 commits. He signed 27 in 2013. You can confirm this numbers looking at Rivals or Scout.

So, he had 25 for 275 and 27 for 289. You know, to put that in context, your HARBAUGH!!! is at 26 for 269.

So, you know...my point is entirely correct. But thanks for raising the issue of the weird way 247 ends up doing class numbers.
            Well, there is that. For the record, I wasn't trying to correct you. Just add additional context.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Here is the ESPN Insider small report of MCDOOM to Michigan
              Scout's Take: WR Eddie McDoom to Michigan
              McDoom should have the ability to help the Wolverines in both the receiving and return games.

"Michigan gained its fourth ESPN 300 receiver for 2016 Wednesday with the addition of Eddie McDoom. Read below for more on the Wolverines' newest playmaker:

What he brings: McDoom is a sleek, wiry prospect with adequate size and lean mass. Isn't overly imposing physically and doesn't possess much strength at this time so a commitment to the weight room will be really good for him. He's one of those guys who is competitively fast and he plays the game fast. Shows very quick hands and the ability to pluck on the run. Shows a penchant for making the acrobatic grab when covered. Will likely never be considered a significant jump-ball threat, but he will elevate, extend away from his frame and compete in contested matchups. This guy is sneaky good in his ability to create separation and make plays when the ball comes his way.

How he fits: McDoom brings more speed and quickness to the table and a different body type at receiver than Michigan has been playing with lately, which may make him the ideal slot and return candidate along with David Long in the return game. He will need significant time in the weight room which may require a redshirt year to enhance his durability and maturity. So far, Michigan has made skill additions to three phases of the game.

Reminds us of: Bryce Treggs, Cal -- Lean and smooth with sneaky ability to create separation to get open. Treggs can play on the inside and out like McDoom, and their running style is very similar.

How the class is shaping up: Jim Harbaugh's first full class in Ann Arbor could end up a top-five one -- amid some controversy over dropping players from the class. ESPN 300 Ben Bredeson is a headliner and is joined on the offensive front by four-star Michael Onwenu. ESPN 300 Brandon Peters is the quarterback in the class. The state of Florida has been fruitful, led by Miami (FL) flip Devin Gil and Josh Metellus, but the plum is ESPN 300 linebacker Devin Bush Jr. New Jersey is key for the Wolverines, and the early returns feature four of the state's best in ESPN 300 running back and Ohio State flip Kareem Walker, receiver Brad Hawkins, defensive end Ronald Johnson Jr. and athlete Ahmir Mitchell. ESPN 300 cornerback David Long was a key January win."
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The '13 class is a pretty good comparison. A lil' light on top 100 overall talent (unlike say OSU) but really strong after that. This class has a lot more 3-star types who look every bit the 4-star; Hudson, Bosse, Uche, etc. Like McDoom quite a bit too but I don't think he's even 180 lb's.

Those are M's last four commits and they've barely moved the 247 composite... Class ranking should be in the 4-9 range, depends as much on how well (and how much room) others have as how well M finishes. There are quite a few programs not far behind M with tons of blue chippers on their boards, but they'll be fighting each other for them...

Bama is supposedly telling recruits what the Florida schools used to do, don't announce till signing day so the competition wastes their resources trying to recruit them.

Comment

• McDoom = Jason Avant act II

... and I mean that in a good way.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I can hear the crowd now... "McDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Avant has been a far better pro than he was at Michigan, it is amazing how long he has lasted. And he was good at Michigan.

Comment

• Avant caught nearly everything thrown his way, loved him as a Wolverine. Avant wasn't ever a #1 receiver or a playmaker but he moved the chains and was always the target when M needed a sure catch.

Comment

• Avant was a sure handed receiver when Edwards developed stonehands disease.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Elliott decommits again.

Comment

• Chase Allen to decide between M, Nebraska, and Iowa state. Decision in next couple days.

Comment

• WM:

I think you guys have some pretty nice top end guys when factoring in Gary. Not exactly glamour, but Bredesen and Onwenu should be cornerstones for a legit high caliber line. And Peters is legit. That's 4 definite high end guys, IMO.

How you like Hudson?
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X