This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe they'll move Lawrence Marshall?
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Marshall is a Buck already. And who knows if Brown will even use the Buck. Probably a bit of both.

Comment

• OSU supposedly offers Chris Evans. Wouldn't be a huge loss and would open up another schollie. F'in Urbie and his Snake Oil.

Comment

• It's a little late. Evans isn't from Ohio, so there shouldn't be any pull.
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• It's an offer he's been waiting for. At least earlier in the process when he was doing interviews.

Comment

• It would seem strange if we offered a QB transfer. That would be quite the downer for the current cast including especially O'Korn, Morris, and Speight. Not to mention Malzone, Gentry, and Peters.

I think we're looking at O'Korn as the starter next two years, with the backup role up for grabs. After that, Peters is the favorite. The others will be adequate for backup duty.

Pro-style QB as a position does not rely so much on raw natural talent, but rather on discipline, experience, and intelligence. I'd rather have a 4-star Peters develop under Harbaugh, than pick up a 5-star in 2017.

My experience with Detroit Lions QB drafts over the years is one factor behind this attitude. And then there's Drew Henson (super prospect) and Tom Brady (6th round draft pick).

Comment

• Sir Patrick will not play for the boys in blue. Someone posted a bit ago that a) you need to do some things to be able to take official visits. B) Sir Patrick has taken no official visits c) no reasons have been provided for this failure. D) Draw your own conclusions.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• It would seem strange if we offered a QB transfer. That would be quite the downer for the current cast including especially O'Korn, Morris, and Speight. Not to mention Malzone, Gentry, and Peters.
                  Harbaugh isn't going to turn down a chance to get someone like Taysom Hill, no matter who he has on the roster currently. If Hill wants to come to Michigan, Harbaugh will lay out the red carpet for him.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Maybe. He'll have his full stable of QBs for spring ball, so I bet it depends on what he thinks after that.

Comment

• Can Hill be a multi-tool?

Comment

• Which Hill?

Comment

• I don't care if Taysom Hill is another Denard Robinson, I don't want another 1 year QB. It takes time to develop chemistry and learn the system

But I'll bite, what's so great about Taysom Hill?

Comment

• Apparently, Sam Webb tweeted that there were two silent commits playing in the AA game. Long and Crawford?
                            There is video at Scout of Brandon Peters saying that in an interview. Peters even gets more specific in saying that there are two silent commits on the West squad. If Long is on the West team, then you may be right.

Comment

• Jordan Elliot slipped and said it was a DB too, so best guess is Long. But silent commits....

Comment

• Re Evans, I "heard" is that Chris Ash didn't like him enough at DB to offer. So they passed. With Ash gone, he may have moved up the ladder.

TBH, I don't care one way or the other. He's a nice player with some versatility, but at this stage in the game...meh.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X