Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just because they've got some stars next to their name doesn't mean they have big heads or are primadonnas or fit whatever other platitude or stereotype anyone might want to apply. I don't see that sorta thing out of Peppers.

Comment

• I'm glad M recruited well from '12 - '14 as M would be much worse off than had they recruited at the level of Indiana or Illinois.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        Just because they've got some stars next to their name doesn't mean they have big heads or are primadonnas or fit whatever other platitude or stereotype anyone might want to apply. I don't see that sorta thing out of Peppers.
        I don't dispute that, Hack. My point was that I believe in the Harbaugh system, the amount of stars next to a player's name doesn't necessarily translate to what happens on the field. We've seen both extremes. We've seen 5 star guys, who did squat. One in recent memory ended up in jail on a robbery conviction. Yet, one of the finest receivers in Michigan history, was a mere 3 star, coming out of HS.

I just want Harbaugh to get the people he feels he needs to get this team where it belongs. And that means competing for NC's.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Recruiting is the least of my concerns moving forward. I'd say keeping the staff in tact and then replacing them with quality is my biggest concern.

Comment

• Bringing in Bush Sr. = Great Idea
            Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Hiring Bush Sr. should secure Jr. from FSU (where Sr. played) and help recruit the Miami area which Bush Sr. has a big name in the area.

Comment

• Like the summer camps deep in SEC territory that pissed off Saban to Malzhan, this is another "we're coming to take your children" kind of statement that characterizes Jim Harbaugh's take no prisoners mentality when it comes to football.

The guy is a maniac.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Caleb Kelly have an uncle, father, grandma that might coach football?

Comment

• Heh
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Somewhat interesting note on M recruiting...they're obviously not signing anyone from Ohio for this cycle, but it also already looks like they won't sign anyone from Ohio for 2017. It's only of moderate interest because it doesn't really matter where good players come from so long as you get them...but, still....

Comment

• I think just 1 recruit from Michigan and Ohio combined. I don't have Reese as committed for now with him taking visits...

In '17, I know M's staff really likes the in-state talent and could target up to 12 recruits in-state.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Somewhat interesting note on M recruiting...they're obviously not signing anyone from Ohio for this cycle, but it also already looks like they won't sign anyone from Ohio for 2017. It's only of moderate interest because it doesn't really matter where good players come from so long as you get them...but, still....
                          It absolutely does matter, because you take away good players from your rivals. No player from Ohio two years in a row would be a disaster unparalleled in the history of the program, and so is getting almost completely skunked in-state for 2016.

Comment

• Well, heh, it's unparalleled...I'm not sure the impact.

Also, it's not as if OSU is dominating. They lost out to ND for two OL they really wanted. They're still recruiting Kramer, too, just in case.

For 2017, I could see M getting a WR from Ohio. There are 3 that are, IMO, definitely B10-worthy. There's no way OSU can take all 3 -- the thinking is they'll only take 1. Javonte Richardson and Danny Davis are the 2 that will likely miss out. They're perfect Dantonio fodder ... unless HARBAUGH!!! makes a play. I guess they might also look at Ajian -- since, you know, he has some sort of offer from M...but he may be ND (OSU isn't interested).

Comment

• Bo built his teams with Ohio kids, and UM has always recruited Ohio well. To get basically skunked two years in a row would be unique in my memory. But it brings back to mind the Kentucky assistant coach who was going to be UM's go-to guy for Ohio Recruiting. OTOH, look at New Jersey, and, now potentially Florida.

But recruiting now is far different than in Bo's era. These youngsters have built a relationship with the college coaches for, sometimes, four years. I don't necessarily blame Hoke, but kids from Ohio have never seen a UM team that was substantially better than, say, Wisconsin or Va Tech. It is no longer the next-best-option to OSU. And UFM is a great recruiter, maybe the best in the country. ND and MSU are now hitting Ohio harder, or at least having more success, and again, I believe current HS players view MSU and ND as simply more successful than UM. When a kid is 16-17 and your program has had 10 years down, that kid will have a different view of the program than older folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                                Like the summer camps deep in SEC territory that pissed off Saban to Malzhan, this is another "we're coming to take your children" kind of statement that characterizes Jim Harbaugh's take no prisoners mentality when it comes to football.

The guy is a maniac.
                                this!
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X