Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still dumbfounded that Wheatley isn't a lock.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Also, I know 2016 is a long time out, but I'm surprised Lavert Hill verbaled to PSU. I had him down as a M lock. That said, I don't think M may still win out in the end, but it's certainly an indication that he's no lock.

Comment

• That's the kind of shit that Harbaugh has to put an end to.

Comment

• As I said earlier, he has to dominate the state. It's not a huge haul, but every year there's 3-6 kids that can really play. He should rarely miss on those kids.

Comment

• Frankly, M football's ability to advance the value of guys who want to play at the next level is not established. I'm confident that will happen but its going to take a while.

I also don't think you can underestimate the pull of how a kid feels/fits in with/about each staff, other players that he visits on a commit decision..... and it can be fleeting in young men like this.

That explains a lot of head scratchers and has little to do with how well or how poorly a staff does on getting a commit from a highly recruited player and keeping him.

Its a total crap shoot in some cases.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• There are outliers but over the course of time a really good recruiter recruits really well relative to his resources. End of story. Hoke and his staff were very good recruiters.

No one should judge JH (positively or negatively) on his 2015 class. It's absolutely an atypical effort. But starting with 2016 and going forward it's on him.

Comment

• M is 'behind' on the '16 class with so much time loss during the coaching search and the current staff prioritizing the '15 class as they don't want to be a program with say 77 scholarship athletes.

Comment

• No excuses for '16. Meyer put together a top five class in three months. I think that Harbaugh should be able to do something acceptable in 16.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; February 1, 2015, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• I expect a top 4-7 class too, but its not going to happen immediately after signing day.

Comment

• I've always been amazed at how a state with Michigan's population that follows CF doesn't produce more top end Div 1 talent
                      Last edited by entropy; February 1, 2015, 01:09 PM.
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• They produce about what you'd expect, in terms of top talent. Look at Indiana, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri, Virginia for states that the state does much better than. Illinois is similar. Ohio is an exception in terms of producing football talent as that states football culture is like that of the SEC which that culture spills into Pennsylvania.

Comment

• UFM's 2013 class is a huge reason he just won a national title. Bosa, Bell, Barrett, Apple, Elliot, Marshall and.....Darron Lee. Consensus top 2 class (Scout had it at #1).

Obviously, it can be done. And, btw, of those 7 players, only 2 are from Ohio.

I think UFM's 2016 class will rate higher, but who knows if it produces as well.

JH has some work to do. It's not the pre-UFM B10 (thank you, Dave Brandon!).
                          Last edited by iam416; February 1, 2015, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Wm.. Sorry, are you saying mich is better for HS football talent than Virginia?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Deontay Burnett WR is our newest Wolverine...

Virginia is helped a lot by the military schools in the area, kids that aren't originally from Virginia.

Comment

• per capita information towards the bottom..
                                I'm not saying Michigan is bad, it's just you have 2 power 5 schools, plus a lot of MAC.. you'd expect the HS football to produce more. jmo

Comment

Working...
                                X