Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the old smashmouth football. Rocky blocking for Franco. Franco blocking for Rocky. And half the defense in the HOF. Al Davis is in his grave still bitchin' about the Imacculate Reception.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      I can't believe M stole the next Steve Largent. Another coup for Hoke!
      (a little word association...)

"coup" reminds me of "Coop" a name that still warms my heart

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
        From Rivals article:

Michigan quarterback commit Shane Morris has more than 21,000 followers and has sent out north of 15,000 tweets.

Get off the computer, son, and start working out.

exactly ... a little more work and a little less tweeting and he may have stayed a 5*

Comment

• A little less mono may have helped.

Comment

• Coop = back when poster child played clean.

Comment

• truth
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Can someone tell me any "measurable" that is different in John Wangler from Jeremy Jackson upon entering college?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                  Can someone tell me any "measurable" that is different in John Wangler from Jeremy Jackson upon entering college?
                  Assuming that you compared the "measurables" before posting, the only one where I see a difference at a quick glance is...uh...uh...complexion?

Comment

• The number of football scholarships wasted. Jackson = one. Wangler = zero.

Comment

• Number of assistants who are parents to Jackson = 1

Number of assistants who are parents to Wangler = 0

Comment

• I don't have problem with taking care of a coaches son or a former player either. As long as the are halfway decent, let them walk-on or in the case of Jackson give them a scolly.

Comment

• I think John Wangler has done enough for Michigan football to justify his son being given "preferred walk-on" status on the team.

When Wangler was injured at the Gator Bowl, his prognosis at the time was one of making sure he could walk again, much less come back (as he did) and play football. He was the QB of the team that gave Bo his first bowl victory.

There are kids who are given uniforms to be on the team, .. who run out with the team under the banner at all home games, who never even go to practice. For instance, if I were a fat-cat alumni/donor who wanted to see MY kid in a Michigan football uniform, even if he has never played the game in his life, ... the university will make sure he runs out on the field with a uniform on, and stands on the sideline. Why do you think that there are about 150 kids running out under that banner every week? They are not all on scholarship, nor are they walk-ons.

And they do that at ALL major universities.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            I think John Wangler has done enough for Michigan football to justify his son being given "preferred walk-on" status on the team.
                            Does that mean he'll eventually get a scholly? Or does it mean he may get one if he pans out? If it means he will get one eventually, Hoke may as well have given one to Stan Edwards' kid instead.

Comment

• Does that mean he'll eventually get a scholly? Or does it mean he may get one if he pans out?
                              I think Wangler's kid will have the same opportunity that Jordan Kovacs had. If he proves his worth, he'll get a scholly. If not, he won't. Meanwhile, Dad will be coughing up the $$ to send him to Michigan.

Comment

• Made it through the weekend with no Poggi news. I doubt he'd flip with less than two days remaining until he can fax a signed LOI. At least that's what I tell myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X