Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this is true, it would be a really crappy thing for a high school football coach to do, i.e., waiting until the end of January to have his kid visit and decommit. Why say good news for Ohio State? Seems odd to me. Is dad known to be a bit of a jerk?
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Makes you think he's either just an asshole or Michigan has pissed them off in some way.

Comment

• Could be a Chris Spielman situation. Kid wants to go to Michigan and dad says, "No, you're going where I want you to go."

Comment

• I wonder what BiffPoggy's perception of the difference b/t B10 and SEC recruiting is. I would have liked him to elaborate, which another poster asked him to do.

I don't think any of us on the outside have a real picture about how dirty and competitive recruiting of talented HS players probably is. At least I don't until I see it raw. The dirty dealing we do become informed about is likely the tip of the iceberg.

I doubt that it is just money but I suspect that plays a major role in recruiting top talent. Unless a parent is really interested in teaching his kid that getting a college degree is a big deal, education is probably pretty low down on the list of things recruits and their handlers are attracted and respond to.
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; January 26, 2013, 11:20 AM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If he's taking an official to Alabama, and he did it on the sly, I assume he's gone instantly for good ala Pharoh Brown.

Comment

• Could Poggi's dad be referring to Derrick Green? Maybe M lost him and he heard about it.
              The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Doubt it. Sam Webb is in Richmond, VA today. He probably wouldn't be their unless he knew Green was Blue.

As far as Biff Poggi's Twitter account...maybe we're being Teo'd. Sounds like a Schmuck fan rather than a respected high school football coach.
                Last edited by Rocky Bleier; January 26, 2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                  Could Poggi's dad be referring to Derrick Green? Maybe M lost him and he heard about it.
                  Here's something I got off MGoBlog. Sure glad when it's over...

"I live just south of Richmond, VA and have a buddy who is a coach at Hermitage High. According to him (and he has been in constant contact with Derrick) Derrick really likes Michigan and Tennessee, but he is not a fan of Ann Arbor. Knoxville won him over when it comes to where he would want to live for 4 years. Also, he connected better with Jay Graham than any of the other RB coaches. So, as of right now, it?s Tennessee. However, we all know how these things can change." -Some commenter on SBNation

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                    Doubt it. Here's dad's Twitter account. Well, I assume it's his account...

https://twitter.com/BiffPoggi

That account looks pretty bogus to me, if you read the other tweets. Either that or pops isn't too bright.

Comment

• That, and his name is Biff.
                      Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• HE'S BLUE!!!
                        Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• MEEEEEEEEEEEECHIGAN GETS GREEN!!!!

Comment

• Nice to finally get a highly ranked back. Hope we can keep Poggi.

Comment

• Does this mean we have to say "Go Green"? lol

Welcome to Michigan, Derrick Green. You made the right choice.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Should be hearing alot of DG to DG next year

Comment

Working...
                                X