Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I guess Green is not going to Auburn if something comes out of this.

Comment

• Its the SEC. They are allowed to cheat.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Ooops. Duplicated the info on the OSU thread.

Yeah, zero surprise. Well, only surprised that it was uncovered, I guess.

But when you send a "handler" named "G-Bone" into town in advance of your visit to "scout" things out, well, that's trouble. My understanding is that this is far closer to common than uncommon in the South.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• From last February:

it all began innocently enough, with a phone call from the Third Wiseman a couple of days before Diamond's official visit.

"I just met G-Bone" he said. (Now you have to understand, that just hearing the Third Wiseman say the words "G-Bone" was comedy gold in and of itself)

"Who is G-Bone?", I asked.

"G-Bone is Diamond's "guy"---and he is here a couple days in advance to look around and check things out in Columbus".

Sounded good to me, as I know a lot of people have a preconceived notion about Columbus, and being "Columbus proud" this seemed like a good thing. "Let me know how he likes it" I told the Third Wiseman---who assured me that he would .

Fast forward to the weekend--and it was a big one for the Buckeyes---Dunn, Pittman, Dodson, Diamond etc etc etc a veritable all star cast of high school talent---and there was Jordan right in the middle telling anyone and everyone of his intention to be a Buckeye. Lots of people were hearing this---and buying what he was selling. But I was still curious about G-Bone---and wanted to know more about his thoughts about Columbus---so I lobbed a call into the Third Wiseman.

He didn't call me back until Monday but when he did his words were "forget about Diamond". I was like "whattttttt?" And the Third Wiseman said "he will end up at Auburn--mark it down".

Now at this point in time "Auburn" was on the radar, but a longshot at best. "Auburn---100%" he repeated.

I was stunned---and even more stunned when he said "I wouldn't be surprised if OSU stops recruiting this kid---and soon---watch Nevada"

By this time I was trying to think of questions so I went with "what about Michigan???".....

The Third Wiseman said "nope---I know you hate them, but they don't pay for guys or give moms jobs"

I was now really surprised. So all I could muster was "what about G-Bone?"

"We have to let the G-Bones of the world do their thing---but it can't be at Ohio State"--said the Wiseman----"G-Bone will take this program down, and we've already stared into the abyss"

"so G-Bone was a bad guy", I asked....

"yes, G-Bone was a bad guy", said the Wiseman---"but G-Bone will love Auburn, its perfect for him--remember I said that"

Now we come to today, and Diamond suddenly picks Auburn---and all that I have left is a mental picture of the Third Wiseman mouthing the words "G-Bone" at me----and I'm all right with that.....
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• surprised that no one else has picked up on this if it coming out in print in the Tribune.

Comment

• As I've said before. I'd rather see us lose games, than end up with the scandals that have happened, and will happen, at schools that cheat.

Comment

• Not me. I'll gladly take a slap on the wrist in exchange for dominance in football if our violation is simply players getting paid. It's not immoral and the players are better off from it.

Comment

• But then we'd be no better than osu...
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Hanni has a point. Ohio has proven that it doesn't hurt too bad at all.

Comment

• I'm not ready for that yet. We may get there eventually, but soon enough there will be a way to pay them and the semantics to still call it amateur athletics. Maybe that takes the pressure off schools like M.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                        But then we'd be no better than osu...
                        So you wouldn't mind duplicating the Tresel years at Michigan for the sake of a tainted MNC? I'd rather not. I feel good knowing they couldn't beat Michigan without cheating.

Comment

• Looks like M is losing another recruit, the expected Gareon Conley... Another reason why I don't like ever turning away very good talent when they were supposedly fall.

Comment

• Has he oficially decommitted?

Comment

• He's taking officials elsewhere so he's no long committed per Hoke's rules.

Comment

• He's not committed if he's taking visits by definition. Does that necessarily mean the door is closed to him?

Comment

Working...
                                X