Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if Michigan could go after Breneman hard and then let one of the meh tight ends on the team and on the commit list take a hint.

Comment

• They could, but I dunno -- I think he's looking elsewhere if he leaves. Plus, he's out for the season with a knee injury. So, Ross Douglas it is, with the meh CBs and commits on knife's edge as Treadwell and Green lurk -- well, mostly Treadwell. And I guess 24 is a number than can manage.

Perhaps Frank Clark should be getting nervous, though he seemed to show some promise.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'd gladly take any senior offensive or defensive linemen in their two-deep right now too.

Comment

• "You said a while back that UM has 6 walk-ons who will get the remaining scholarships."

I implied they had a handful that would likely get scholarships but those aren't guaranteed. M has more than a few walk-ons who are likely to be 2-deep or even starters (Kovacs, Brink, Burzynski, Mateus) and a preferred walk-on or two (Glasgow)...

re: USC or any PSU transfer - If they have room, they can add him obviously... If they are full, they can still add him and be at 76 scholarships this season just that next season they have to be at 74...

Ross Douglas CB is actually a guy I thought the staff might pursue and someone I like a good bit, glad to have him aboard. Cornerback class is a large one (4) and I figure one of the tall ones (Conley, Stripling) end up at free safety. Dymonte Thomas looks like a strong safety. This likely means no Leon McQuay III...

-

M's '13 recruiting board:

LaQuon Treadwell WR, Plan C WR.
          Last edited by WM Wolverine; July 24, 2012, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• And Green. He's a pretty long shot though.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• re: PSU... Zettel DT and Blake Bars older brother (DE at PSU) are about the only underclassman worth watching though I'd love to add Jordan Hill DT. They could fit a senior or two in the class as they have room for '12 but I don't see many fits there.

Comment

• Agree on Green... This class could grow to 25 but I think that is the ceiling. Expect a commit or two at the BBQ, though they might be of the '14 variety.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                  Agree on Green... This class could grow to 25 but I think that is the ceiling. Expect a commit or two at the BBQ, though they might be of the '14 variety.
                  Do we have room for both Green and Treadwell or only one?

Comment

• Yes. Hope for that problem.

Comment

• Kovacs doesn't have a scholarship yet?
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I'd assume Kovacs is the very first walk-on to get a scholarship, if he's not on one already... M has 7 open scholarships for '12, so there is plenty for Kovacs and other preferred walk-ons and those who've lettered.

Comment

• Mackenzie - Right now M doesn't have room for either but they are counting on attrition to open up to get them to 24 or 25 open scholarships. It's a long time till signing day, so their will be attrition, we just don't know how much. Coaches were counting on 24 for quite some time, typical attrition will get them to that 24.

Comment

• well, more bonehead moves by Fitz and Frank Clark could open up more space.

I am really upset with Fitz.... we didn't have much of a chance against Satan ... now have none.

Comment

• M will have to rely on Rawls.
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2ijL2tljdI&feature=player_detailpage#t=9s "]Lou Rawls "You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine" - YouTube[/ame]
                                Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

Working...
                                X