This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
    I liken him to Toussaint without top-end speed, the problem is I don't see much talent other than him. My guess is at least one of the others steps up along with Smith to give M a good enough backfield post Toussaint or at least I hope.
    I agree that the haul outside of Smith is a little suspect, but we will see what happens when they get on the field. Here's hoping.

And Smith is 25 lbs bigger than Fitz as a high school senior...
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      We'll probably end up in the Top 5, but not #1.
      Other schools will have better talent at the top but the Wolverines have a very deep, quality class.
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
        Other schools will have better talent at the top but the Wolverines have a very deep, quality class.
        Indeed. And for what it's worth, some people have run numbers showing that the major services tend to overrate the Southeast when it comes to predicting future NFL talent. Either way, Treadwell (if he commits) would probably cement this class as being the best since 1998. I would probably rate this one higher, since I think that it is more balanced.

Comment

• Hoke has done a great job building the trenches, which is where he should start. Bo always had a deep O-line, and that can keep your defense off the field. But it would be nice to start getting some highly ranked WRs and RBs. Don't understand why MSU gets good receivers when they really haven't had much at QB over the years.
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
            Hoke has done a great job building the trenches, which is where he should start. Bo always had a deep O-line, and that can keep your defense off the field. But it would be nice to start getting some highly ranked WRs and RBs. Don't understand why MSU gets good receivers when they really haven't had much at QB over the years.
            ....... Simple. lying, no concern for character and academics. Theyv'e had some good ones, that's for sure, but I can't name one that hasn't been a problem child.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Sparty got Arnett because they hired his position coach.

Comment

• I thought Hoke didn't want him/couldn't take him.

Btw, if the Dawson rumors are true - simply visiting another scho
                ol- does he get the Pharoah treatment or does a Cass kid get more leeway?
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Not sure if there was room (a scholarship) for Arnett as he was a winter transfer, I just know that Sparty hired his position coach from UT shortly before he transferred there...

Dawson is going to a Florida camp, not sure if this is Hoke approved or not. I'd imagine it is (insiders hinted it was) but if it isn't, I don't think his scholarship will be there for him.

Comment

• I don't see him pulling the scholie. Dawson is too good and Cass is too important.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Hoke didn't pull Brown's offer. He simply said he was no longer considered committed.

And I think camps are different that visits.
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Isn't Dawson the one that's been informally recruiting others?

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                          Isn't Dawson the one that's been informally recruiting others?
                          Yes he is, though not as much as Shane Morris. I might be looking at this situation thru Maize and Blue glasses, but I'm firmly convinced that Dawson is staying with U of M.

Comment

• What's the details? If a school visit, well, there's a precedent for that. Doesn't make much sense he's been a vocal informal recruiter for his class but also not committed to it enough to be making visits elsewhere.

Comment

• He's not going only to visit. There's a camp. Just like Jourdan Lewis did a few weeks ago at Alabama.

Comment

• So it's not a recruiting visit at all, then? If I understand these camps right, you work on technique and all that and it's a recruiting tool for the school.

Comment

Working...
                                X