No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They'll drag the conference down even further, in football.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ...and another mouth to feed from shared gate revenue.

Comment

• yep

Comment

• One more mouth to feed but also the BTN can now ask in-state rates for every Maryland tv set. And can now say a B1G school delivers the biggest share of the DC/Baltimore markets when negotiating in 2017. And other B1G schools now have direct connections to decent recruiting territory.

A large number of schools have contingents in DC but between Maryland and Penn State, the B1G would have the largest share of the market's college fans.

Comment

• The University of Maryland's official Twitter account is already saying goodbye:

New Road Trips!

— Univ of Maryland (@UofMaryland) November 18, 2012
            Goodbye, Carolina Bias!

Men's Basketball Championship will be in a real city. So long, Greensboro.

Terps in Rose Bowl!

Atlanta, GA

Comment

• This is crazy that it could really be happening so fast and at an odd time but when the Huskers were invited, word didn't leak out until only a couple days before.

Some stories are saying that Notre Dame joining the ACC directly pushed the B1G in this direction. Also saying that Maryland didn't like the ACC admitting them as a partial member.

Comment

• I wouldn't count on that Rose Bowl thing very soon if I were them ....

Comment

• Maryland is a credible basketball program, at least.

Comment

• ...and they have great Lacrosse!

Seriously....fucking Merryland?
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Some stories are saying that Notre Dame joining the ACC directly pushed the B1G in this direction.
                      That is what im reading. Clearly, this isn't about football. The Big Ten has enough perception problems in football. Maryland and Rutgers aren't going to improve its image, this has to be about the Big Ten Network, Delany's baby.

Comment

• Well, yeah.

Comment

• It's about money, league stability and 'power' over other conferences. I really like Maryland as team #13, the only issue I have with them is their football which needs a good coaching hire to get the state behind them. Maryland is the big winner here...

Program #14? Pitt? Rutgers? Syracuse? Missouri? ND? NC?

B10 wants ND but apparently is willing to settle for someone else as #14. In a power play move to get ND, Delaney probably throws out rumors of landing 2-3 other ACC universities and send out intentions the B10 wants to go to 16 members, to give ND the sense of the ACC imploding. I still think ND is the end goal but they are willing to go to 14 without them. Rutgers in the Big East can be had any time so the B10 will wait and wait on them imo.

Comment

• If Maryland bolts, then the ACC is suddenly vulnerable again. FSU and Clemson, I'm sure, would talk to the B12.

Rutgers is going to the 2nd "East" team. I've read, though I can't believe it, that they have their eyes on two "West" teams, too.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Fascinating .... unbelievable actually. I have nothing to add other than I'm with WM on the B10 conference Division realignment. If the B1G gets Maryland and ? and sensible Division realignment doesn't happen and we end up with some continued screwy membership, football will be screwed ...... since it already is in the eyes of most other fans, I guess that won't matter much to Deleney$$$$.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Rutgers and Maryland are apparently valuable commodities. Who suck at football.

And I'm not sure about opening up recruiting grounds. What it really means is that those two schools have something more to sell. NJ kids that want to play big-time football can do it now and stay home. Same for DC Metro kids. They don't have to make the choice of staying at home and playing in a shit conference or leaving to play in a big-time conference.

Meh, whatever.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X