No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL that he invalidated his own thesis just 200 words into a column 931 words long! Bristol needs some editors in the worst way, and has for years.

Comment

• It's an entirely different, and valid, discussion as to whether the B10 ought to try to do the things that it would require to equal the SEC on the field.

What do you mean by this, talent? Are you alluding to oversigning, salaries for assistants, total expenses toward football? Just curious what you are referring to.

Comment

• Well that's what he means with all that flagship business -- down there they are experimenting with all that for the benefit of the conference as a whole.

Comment

• What do you mean by this, talent? Are you alluding to oversigning, salaries for assistants, total expenses toward football? Just curious what you are referring to.
          All of those would be worth discussing, Sean. Personally, I'm opposed to oversigning and I think football expenditures have to remain in line with the core principles of an Universtiy -- providing opportunities for its students. As long you're spending on the rest of your AD, so be it.

But, I'm not really advocating one way or the other. My position would probably be the hugely amorphous one set forth by Entropy: fully commit to football in a way consistent with core principles. Heh.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• One thing very common is to resent coaching salaries, but I think they should be paid well and I don't like it when Michigan uses its muscle to pay them less. These days it's not even as if it's taxpayer money being used at state schools, which was a legitimate argument. I'm not sure the exact number but UM's budget is less than 10% or perhaps even 5% funded with public money.

Comment

• UNL's athletic department is not funded by tax money at all. I remember a couple years ago, UNL was one of 2 that was case. So I agree with your thoughts.
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Probably funded by blood money.

Comment

• Moonshine.

Comment

• What the f? Nebraska is a northern state..

Comment

• Is it B10, BIG, or B1G? If the latter what exactly does it stand for? Seems like a silly question but I've tried to look it up with no luck.

Comment

• B10 = what I use most of the time (an abbreviation for The Big Ten Conference).

BIG = incorrect us of the "I" for "1". See Below.

B1G = a typed expression representing the current Big Ten Logo:

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• yea.. I use BIG a lot more than I should. Just lazy typing really

Comment

• Husker.

Too much corn in your diet. It will make you lazy. High Glycemic Index that corn, you know.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I thought it was the constant hangovers...

Comment

• SEC is helped a lot by not having nearly as many NFL teams in its region; B10 has the Bears, Vikings, Packers, Steelers, Eagles, Browns, Bengals, Colts & Lions. The money being spent by fans on these teams hurts their college competition.

Comment

Working...
                                X