Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now 21-0.

Looks like PurDon't might be a bit more of a challenge than we thought.

I'm glad we have them at home.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 21-0. The notion of Purdue being a breather for Michigan before the tough November schedule has died a quick death today. Their personnel groups have befuddled the Illinois defense, and they're just playing better than I've seen them play all year. Some of this is due to Illinois playing poorly on the road the week after a dispiriting home loss, but Purdue's been good enough to take full advantage so far.

Comment

• Re: Illinois.

It looks like the "zooker"effect is finally kicking in ...

Comment

• Illinois looks horrid but yes, maybe Purdue is tougher than we thought.
          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I'm glad Mattison's getting a look at Purdue's personnel patterns today. What Purdue's doing to Illinois could easily give Michigan's hesitant LBs similar problems.

Comment

• Too bad the schedule maker didn't give us Illinois today.

Comment

• I'm not sure how well Michigan would be playing today, either. I'm glad Michigan got a week to put the MSU game behind them.

Comment

• Looks like Purdue here got tougher but at the same time @Illinois looks easier. So kind of a push I guess.

Comment

• I agree Jason, but my thinking was, it'd be nice to catch some of these upcoming opponents on an off day.

I think you may be right, Dennis. Two teams passing each other, going in different directions. Purdue is improving, Illinois is regressing.

We've got to be ready from the git-go next Saturday.

Comment

• I suspect this has more to do with Illinois being not so great. Illinois has exactly 1 win against anyone good this year--their 3 point win over Arizona State. Their other wins have been against nobody. They've played a pretty weak schedule so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
                        I suspect this has more to do with Illinois being not so great. Illinois has exactly 1 win against anyone good this year--their 3 point win over Arizona State. Their other wins have been against nobody. They've played a pretty weak schedule so far.
                        Yeah, felt the Illini were on borrowed time after narrow escapes against Western and NW, both at home.
                        As was mentioned upthread, it's a push in regards to our chances against both now. Would rather have the more difficult game at home, as appears to be the case with the Boilers next week.
                        Could've just been an off day/hangover from the Zookers, though.
                        Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Sparty defender quoted before the game that their D will try to hurt Russell Wilson and Wisky should know that. If the Badgers have watched any film on Sparty I'm sure they do.

Comment

• Aaaawwwwww and the guy who made the quote gets hurt on the first play of the game.

Comment

• I've never pulled for Wisconsin so much in my life. Kinda weird.

Comment

• I like M's offenses in both (Purdue & Illinois) but the Illini look more difficult to defend...

I think were seeing kinda what I expected pre-season, Wisky being dominant (7-1, 8-8) with a ton of teams being 4-4, 5-3 (M, OSU, Neb, MSU, PSU, Illini)... A lot of mediocrity. MSU (most likely team to go 6-2) might be the 2nd best team in the B10, I'd love to see them get trounced by Wisky twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X