Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't matter in Seattle. No sun.

Comment

• Doesn't Autzen Stadium run East/West as well?
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
        Doesn't matter in Seattle. No sun.
        Actually, in September it is often sunny there every day. It is October-April that you never see the sun.

Comment

• Missouri put out some kind of statement saying that they were hoping to join the SEC but really had hoped for a Big10 bid. How good does the SEC feel hearing that?

Comment

• A University of Missouri official says the school hopes to join the Southeastern Conference but would have preferred an offer from the Big Ten that never came.

Comment

• WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Purdue football coach Danny Hope says he had no issue with a critical tweet from quarterback Robert Marve.

Marve stepped in for starter Caleb TerBush in the second quarter of Purdue's 38-10 loss to Notre Dame on Saturday. Hope said after the game that TerBush had a better command of the offense, and Marve played outside the system at times when he didn't need to.

On his Twitter account, Marve wrote: "Don't understand how I was not playing in the system! It was rough from the get go, don't understand how that was on me."

Hope said he understood Marve's concern and the only negative issue was the response by the fans and the media.

Beginning to think Hope could be gone at year's end.

Comment

• I'm surprised he's lasted this long.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• This is only Hope's third year and Tiller did leave him with a steaming pile.

Comment

• Indiana fired DiNardo after only three years. Thing is, I feel like Purdue is less competitive NOW than in Hope's first year

Comment

• Hope benefited from Joe Tiller's leadership and coaching style. He was one damn good coach. Purdue was never talented but under his coaching, you aways knew there was a good chance he was going to pick-up a win.

I don't know Hope well enough to really make this assessment but every time I see him in a setting where he has to talk about coaching and leading kids, I don't come away with a good feeling about him. He didn't help his cause by pulling the BS he did with Rodriguez at the end of the game when he beat him and his horrible team in 2008 .... but I'll never forget that.

What you're seeing is the end point of what is likely poor coaching. That's what it takes. About three years to leave your mark. Good or bad and in Hope's case it looks like the latter.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Why the hell doesn't every coach have a no-twitter policy (at least about team things) during the season? Nothing good can come of it.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...ghest-paid-ads

Here is how the Big Ten athletic directors whose salaries are known stack up against one another (Note: Since Northwestern is a private school and Penn State isn't subject to the same open-records rules, those two schools are not available). The chart included each athletic director's total pay plus the maximum amount they could earn in bonus closes, if applicable:

1. Gene Smith, Ohio State: $1,058,546 ($250,000 in potential bonuses)

2. Barry Alvarez, Wisconsin: $1,040,800

3. Dave Brandon, Michigan: $700,454 ($165,000)

4. Mike Thomas, Illinois: $575,000 ($200,000)

5. Morgan Burke, Purdue: $505,918 ($120,000)

6. Fred Glass, Indiana: $495,746

7. Gary Barta, Iowa: $456,992 ($140,000)

8. Joel Maturi, Minnesota: $451,900 ($170,000)

9. Mark Hollis, Michigan State: $395,000 ($62,000)

10. Tom Osborne, Nebraska: $321,538
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• would it be fair to say that Ohio is not getting their money's worth?

How can they keep this douche around?.... I presume Gee must be worried that Smith may fire him.

Comment

• According to my Purdue pals, Tiller quit coaching in about 2005 and spent his last few years riding around on his golf cart and eating nuts. The recruiting classes making up Purdue's upperclassmen right now were rock bottom for the Big Ten.

Comment

• I did, however, get a grin when Hope wouldn't let go of Zook's hand and let him know how he felt about the Zooker running up the score on him.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X