No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best counter-argument (IMO) is the one Mike makes which is it didn’t matter. My view on that is it’s speculation intended to deflect from the facts, but I certainty appreciate the argument.
    I'm not sure how strongly I've advanced this argument. When the news was first coming out I had reservations because I don't just take a few anonymous leaks to sports reporters and conclude the worst case scenario. The Athletic piece was quite damning in shedding light on the advantage gained and it came from FBS coaches who know better than anyone. Speaking of which, the best part of the article:

“You still have to have your 18- to 22-year-olds go out there and block people,” said one Big 12 offensive assistant. “Aidan Hutchinson still ran right through the chest of that left tackle and murdered him.”
    I've always considered buying players as the biggest advantage gained through violating NCAA rules. Ever since Auburn effectively purchased a national championship in 2010 and everyone KNEW IT for a FACT, there's been no reason not to cheat. The advantage always outweighs the punishment. So from a moral perspective, I don't give a single flying fuck about what Connor Stalions did or didn't do other than be incredibly sloppy and get us in trouble. I also don't immediately jump to "Jim knew" so he should be punished. If he knew, show us the proof. Otherwise jump off a fucking cliff (but please shoot yourself first). That's how I feel about all this. We'll have to accept whatever punishment comes down because Stalions was clearly outside the rules but until there's proof provided of coaches' involvement, the only thing that should happens is Stalions is fired, we pay a fine or whatever, and everyone moves on.

Whatever got me to Indy the last two years, I'm cool with, and hopefully I'll go a 3rd time this December. Nobody is coming around with one of those MIB memory erasers to zap our brains and wipe out the memories of those wins and championships. CFB has been a cesspool since it's inception and it's high time Michigan got down in the muck.

The blueprint has been around for decades on how to deal with the NCAA - with the full force and brunt of your institution. Don't give them a fucking inch. Admit nothing. Deny everything. Delay delay delay. The NCAA is a wretched institution that does nothing to advance the well-being of college athletes or it's member institutions. It is massively corrupt, outdated, and needs to be obliterated from the face of this earth.

I don't expect Harbaugh!! to be back next year but certainly hope he is. I'd love to see him sign his new deal Monday morning and become the highest paid coach in the Big Ten. The talking heads exploding on TV would be worth every penny. Plus Big Ten coaches can beat him like a pinata next year after he loses 18 starters or whatever. Seems only fair. Maybe some Big Ten coaches would to play him THIS season, too, though it seems like most want to have the league step in and make the beating stop. Bunch of fucking bitches.

Comment

• The NCAA being a "wretched" or inept institution has zero to do with the fact that M cheated. Zero.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Mike:

Yeah -- so I don't really have much to disagree with. I think I told M fans the exact same thing in 2011 -- you can't make me unsee the asswhupping Tressel put in RichGOD in 2010. That happened. It still happened. It may not count as an OSU win anymore (just an M loss for some ludicrous reason), but I watched it, I was there and it sure as fuck happened.

So, yeah.

And I actually appreciate your small shift on the the "advantage" issue as well as, -- always -- your initial Office Space reference.

The only thing I'll note is that NCAA makes the HC responsible for the Staff. I think if HARBAUGH**** can show Stalions was a lone wolf the punishment gets minimalized, but he's still on the hook for something. I mean, he was suspended for 3 games for lying about M's modest COVID rule-breaking. I'd think 2 games-ish is absolutely on the table for this. But, whatever.

Otherwise, man -- I'm with you on your response except I still have a really hard time believing people above CS didn't have a clue how this guy knew every damn sign for every B10 opponent.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
          The NCAA being a "wretched" or inept institution has zero to do with the fact that M cheated. Zero.
          I didn't mean to imply that it did.

Comment

• Fair enough. But still...STFU.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It seems like we're all here: we all agree, yeah M was cheating for two years, but then the disagreement is whether enough people on the M coaching staff KNEW they were cheating.

But the fact that they were cheating for two years is not in dispute. But -- yeah, witchhunt!!!!!

Comment

• Everyone does it.

Change yer fucking signs!
                Huddle up!

Nothing burger!
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• And, heh -- it's all CRD's fault!!!!!

Man, CRD lives rent free in M fans' heads. Holy hell.

Comment

• "We'd had gotten away with it if weren't for those meddlin' B1G coaches!"
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I can't believe these bastards had the audacity to tell on us!

Comment

• They better be careful starting their cars!!!
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I’m pretty sure Portnoy live streamed a big chunk of the game. Lol. Hey this is public domain now, right?

Comment

• Did someone claim this was international?

Portnoy with the sick burn.

Comment

• I'm just pointing out that anyone who wants OSU's signals can find them without leaving the comfort of their own couch.

Comment

• I saw them on eBay...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X