No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's at least a possibility that in 2027 we'll play Michigan, Alabama, USC, and Penn State. It's be negligence if the Big10 didn't schedule at least one of the LA schools with OSU/Michigan every year.

Comment

• LET’S GO!!!

Keep blue bloods great again!!
      Last edited by Mike; June 8, 2023, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• Oh, man. When we picked up the L.A. schools I joked that I can't wait for UCLA at Rutgers and we will get just that in 2024! They are on each other's "2-play" meaning there will be a home-and-home in 2024 and 2025. Set the DVR!

https://bigten.org/news/2023/6/8/big...-and-2025.aspx

Comment

• Not since the mid-90's Rap Wars has an east coast/west coast feud been so ugly!!! This is MADE for TV!!!!!

Comment

• Penn State preferred to have NO protected rivalries rather than continue to play Rutgers every year, heh

Comment

• I was curious why PSU didn't have any. Did the schools have much of a say? I figured MSU-PSU would have been protected or even OSU-PSU but that might make OSU's schedule a little unbalanced considering Michigan, king of the Big Ten, will be on it every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                I was curious why PSU didn't have any. Did the schools have much of a say? I figured MSU-PSU would have been protected or even OSU-PSU but that might make OSU's schedule a little unbalanced considering Michigan, king of the Big Ten, will be on it every year.
                Yeah guessing both schools had to agree. The Rutgers weirdos burn with hatred for PSU, I imagine they would've kept that "rivalry" going if they could have.

I'm disappointed we're not going to be playing them annually but I'm guessing we'll play everybody twice every four years or so.

Comment

• Supposedly, under the format announced yesterday, every team will play every other team in the conference at least twice every 4 years. Once at home and once on the road.

What's the OSU fan reaction to not having PSU every year going forward? Disappointment or ambivalence?

Comment

• Probably more ambivalence. I'm a little unhappy about it. I'm assuming that as one of the conference two biggest tv draws they wanted us locked into as few annual games as possible.

Comment

• I really like the Penn State game. I mean, I hate those fuckers, and going to HV is generally a "thank god they won" kinda game at best and utter bullshit at worst. But, that's been the 2nd biggest game in the conferene for years. I mean like the last 15+ years. It's disappointing to lose that annually. HOWEVER, having Penn State and M as your two locked in opponents isn't an imbalance.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Anyway, all of this regular season sphincter-tightening stuff ends after this season when they go to 12 and Ohio State gets in at 10-2 or something. Whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          HOWEVER, having Penn State and M as your two locked in opponents isn't an imbalance.
                          Really? I was thinking that if you had them both every year that would make for a pretty rough conference slate in a season you go to USC. With no divisions I assume the CCG will simply be the two best records and whatever tie-breakers are involved. From a competitive standpoint it makes sense to drop PSU and put them in the rotation with the likes of NW and Purdue.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Anyway, all of this regular season sphincter-tightening stuff ends after this season when they go to 12 and Ohio State gets in at 10-2 or something. Whatever.
                            Oh, yeah. I keep forgetting about the 12 team playoff.

Comment

Really? I was thinking that if you had them both every year that would make for a pretty rough conference slate in a season you go to USC. With no divisions I assume the CCG will simply be the two best records and whatever tie-breakers are involved. From a competitive standpoint it makes sense to drop PSU and put them in the rotation with the likes of NW and Purdue.
                              Yeah, I don't know why I said "isn't" -- it IS.

I think Wizard somehow got my password. Won't happen again.

Comment

I was curious why PSU didn't have any. Did the schools have much of a say? I figured MSU-PSU would have been protected or even OSU-PSU but that might make OSU's schedule a little unbalanced considering Michigan, king of the Big Ten, will be on it every year.
                                During the infamous "Leaders & Legends" fiasco...PSU's designated crossover rival was UNL. We do have history with those creeps....
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X