No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw that. Something must be going on besides on the field issues at Wisconsin, because that doesn't make sense to me. It may work out, because Jim Leonhard figures to be a solid replacement, but coaches don't usually get fired for going 67-26.

Comment

• The most likely reason behind the Chryst firing and especially the timing of it is to keep Jim Leonhard in the fold - an on-the-job hiring interview of sorts.

Leonhard is solid HC material. These guys have their ear to the ground. Grumbling about Chryst's performance wrt to what goes on on the field, not in the locker room, behind closed doors or because Chryst was doing something shady probably goes back a while. So, Leonhard sees it coming and has his agent start sending out feelers.

Alvarez is no dummy and knows getting ahead of problems is the best COA. He fires Chryst and anoints Jim Leonhard as interim telling him the Wisky HC job is his to lose adding show me you can get the job done and you're hired. It's a pretty sure bet for Barry and he's probably groomed Leonhard as a coach in waiting anyway - timing. This move saves the excruciating hassel of a coaching search.

Noteable, 5 FBS coaches have gotten the mid-season ax. Shopping for top new HCs is going to be a race to get the job done.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Makes no sense at all. Chryst seemed like a decent guy and usually had Wisky in the mix despite never having elite level talent. I doubt we've seen the last of him though- wouldn't be shocked if Iowa hired him when Ferentz retires, or maybe if MSU comes to their senses about Tucker. LOL.

Comment

• Maybe Bert can come back to the Badgers...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Maybe you can STFU.

Comment

• hurtful
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I don't think Chryst will be without a job very long. Unless he wants to be. Wisconsin probably owes him a buyout somewhere in the area of $16 Mil unless he agrees to take less. He shouldn't take a penny less. He's done a great job there. He certainly deserved to finish the season, at the very least.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Jeff- Fwiw, Alvarez isn't the Wisconsin AD anymore. He retired last year.

Comment

• Got it. The story on this that I read said he was involved (in the background) and when asked for input greenlighted the firing and elevation of Leonhard to interim. Just wrongly assumed he was still AD.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• He's probably still got a lot of thump in Madison. A lot like Bo did in his latter years.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• M’s SOS is currently # 127. That seems a little high to me, but can’t argue with the numbers.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Oof.

Comment

• Indiana should bump it up to 126.

Comment

• 6-0 bitches!!

Comment

• 15-0!!! seems pretty inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                                X