No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Purdue ending made me laugh. Gets to the point where a loss like that feels like comedy more than anything.

Penn State is going to be a tough game for M. Franklin basically has 4 weeks to prepare for the game. Both teams should be undefeated. College Gameday. Top 10 vs 10 matchup. Can legit go either way.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Penn State impressed me, legit top 10 team. They dominated a pretty solid team, on the road. Resume far superior to M's.

Comment

• Looks like someone didn't prepare too well for a Huskies team. Hazleton's defense always never impressed me much. Going from Dantonio/Narduzzi attacking style aggressive defense to a zone soft defense is rather jarring if your a Sparty fan.

Comment

• Was wondering why their DB's weren't tackling the Huskies receivers before the ball got to them.

Comment

• MSU looks like they're headed for defeat at the hands of Washington. The Huskies lead 39-14 with just over 9:00 to go.

Sparty had a goal line stand, but Thorne promptly threw an INT on the next play. Washington turned that into a FG, so their offense isn't exactly spectacular either.

But I bet Indiana would love to have Mike Penix back right now.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Sparty makes a run at the end, but the Huskies hang on 39 - 28. Sparty couldn't execute an onside kick even if their lives depended on it. It'll be a long flight home tonight. Watch out for Tuck!!!

-- other games --

CRD 'sent a message" to Michigan tonight by defeating in state foe Toledo 77-21. CRD likely ran the score up because of Jim Mora's comment following the game at Michigan where he said, "Michigan is a National Championship contender". I guess Day showed him ... Not sure why Toledo deserved OSU's ire. After all they did give us Max Klinger and Tony Packo's.

Georgia beat S.Carolina 48 - 7 and Alabama beat ULM 63 - 7. Both teams appear to be taking up where they left off last season.

Probably the most impressive victory of the day was (I hate saying this) Penn State's win over Aw-Barn at Jordan Hare. Maybe penis-head has a decent team after all. Should be an interesting game when they show up in A2.

Comment

• Sparty has not beat a Pac 10/12 team on the road since 1957 damn

Comment

• Sparty makes a run at the end, but the Huskies hang on 39 - 28. Sparty couldn't execute an onside kick even if their lives depended on it. It'll be a long flight home tonight. Watch out for Tuck!!!

Penix was hurt and the defense was gassed.​

Comment

• Was way off on some games -- Nebraska, Sparty and Penn State. And, honestly, the first two were obvious to pick against. Just stupid on my part.

Fortunately, the M game was as easy a pick as the come.

Deserved better with Purdue and Nevada. Purdue, as noted, completely gave the game away. Iowa did Iowa things. The offense was horrible. The defense set up the offense with shortfields and, eventually they scored. Still, at 20-0 in the 4th (I predicted 20-3), things were good. Until Iowa inexplicably broke off a 55-yard TD run halfway through the 4th -- easily their longest play from scrimmage all season -- probably by about 52 yards.

Oh well. 5-7 and 2-1. Still above water overall, but this week should have been better.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Iowa at Rutgers this week!!!!!! FS1 at 6pm. Plan accordingly, thank me later.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I like mostly everything Mel Tucker has done so far, but let's just say the game plan they drew up for Washington was a flaming dumpster fire.

Comment

• Well flaming and East Lansing really go together...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That's true, you try and get rid of a couch in EL. Not that easy.

Comment

• You have a couch for sale do ya?
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The 95 Million dollar man has this all under control.

Comment

Working...
                                X