No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The conference is as bad as it's ever been.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It’s still OSU and everyone else, current polls be damned.

Comment

• You’re an idiot.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Correct
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I strenuously object!

Comment

• STFU
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                It’s still OSU and everyone else, current polls be damned.
                Correct.

Last week, Rutgers showed everyone how to beat Michigan

This week OSU showed everyone how to beat Rutgers.

Nothing has changed.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The West is hot fucking garbage, though I do think Iowa is solid and I actually think UNL is solid. I'm still not sure how they lost to Illinois, but whatever.

The East is a death march. You have 3 elite soon-to-be top 15 undefeated teams. And even the bottom-feeders like Maryland, OSU, Indiana and Rutgers are good enough to scare you if you're not prepared. Ya gotta show up every week in the East. I tend to think M is the favorite, but Sparty and the Nittany Sanduskys will give HARBAUGH!!!! a game for sure.

Comment

• I weirdly kinda like all of the head coaches in the West.
                    It's actually awesome that this division currently have a top 5 team (Iowa). The West hasn't made any noise when it comes to the Playoff and perhaps it misses a high end program. I think it's solid all around.

- Iowa, Ferentz. Historic head coach, but Iowa is usually just Iowa when it's all said and done.
                    - Minnesota, Fleck. Fleck has been decent. Row the boat. Elevated them from the last couple of mediocre HCs.
                    - Purdue, Brohm. As a Purdue guy, can say Brohm is CLEARLY the best HC since Joe Tiller. The problem is similar to Harbaugh's M... QB has been iffy.
                    - Northwestern, Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald has been great for NW football. It's the Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, Stanford of the B10. Hard to win.
                    - Illinois, Bielema. Too early to judge BERT. As if this was Butch Jones, you have to love the meme head coaches in college football. BERT.
                    - Wisconsin, Chryst. Nothing wrong with Paul Chryst even though Wisconsin has been down since 2020. Let's see what Wisconsin does in 2022.
                    - Nebraska, Frost. This is Nebraska's golden boy. Ok, it hasn't worked out yet... can Nebraska hire a better head coach right now than Frost coming in from UCF? Deserves another year!
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Iowa played Sparty in a CFP play-in game in 2015....JFC...and lost on the final drive.

I think Wisky played Ohio State one year where if they won they were in. I forget which year, but they were undefeated.

So, the West has been close to the CFP, but until they the B10 CCG it's no dice. And it's hard for me to see Iowa (or anyone not named Alabama) beating M this year.

Comment

• We won’t get the chance. If we are able to get to the SECCG (not a slam dunk at all), Georgia will absolutely keelhaul us.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Iowa played Sparty in a CFP play-in game in 2015....JFC...and lost on the final drive.

I think Wisky played Ohio State one year where if they won they were in. I forget which year, but they were undefeated.

So, the West has been close to the CFP, but until they the B10 CCG it's no dice. And it's hard for me to see Iowa (or anyone not named Alabama) beating M this year.
                          So the closest the B10 West has been to the Playoff is in the discussion or yes... by winning the B10 Championship game. OK, a little noise, but it would be ideal for one of their teams to make the Playoff.
                          Yes, that Iowa vs Michigan State was REALLY close.

B10 West is 2-8 in the B10 Championship game. Never won that game in the Playoff era. IMO, don't see the B10 West as BAD. It's either below average or mediocre. Lacks an elite program.

Maybe Iowa has a shot if they beat Penn State and win the B10 Championship game.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Well, The Kirby is certainly out for blood, but The Nick still has his fastball. My wife always calls him Magua, so the only question is whether the SEC CG will be the scene where Magua cuts out Gray Hair's still beating heart or the final scene where Chingachgook kills Magua with swinging 360 ax spear to the gut. The smart money, as always, is on the former.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

So the closest the B10 West has been to the Playoff is in the discussion or yes... by winning the B10 Championship game. OK, a little noise, but it would be ideal for one of their teams to make the Playoff.
                              Yes, that Iowa vs Michigan State was REALLY close.

B10 West is 2-8 in the B10 Championship game. Never won that game in the Playoff era. IMO, don't see the B10 West as BAD. It's either below average or mediocre. Lacks an elite program.

Maybe Iowa has a shot if they beat Penn State and win the B10 Championship game.
                              The B10 West is 0-7 in the B10 CCG. The Leaders or Legends is 2-1 -- forget which was which.

Comment

• Forgot about that leaders and legends divisions crap... yes, that's right.

Wisconsin beat Nebraska in the B10 Championship in one of those games. The game when Bo Pelini was really embarrassed because Wisconsin scored 70.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X