No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not drinking it either. Doug and I had a deep conversation about M football when I stayed with him in Indianapolis following the WMU game. He's always taken the position that he simply enjoys watching, analyzing and talking about M football, win or lose. He told me he's never gotten sucked in emotionally and hates the term BPONE. He doesn't have words like that in his M football vocabulary, other than enjoy and move on.

He can get worked up about the Big10 and it's Commissioner, the Big's referees, the band, the athletic department and the AD. He never gets worked up about the players, the coaches or the team.

After the last two seasons of M football and coming into this one I was bound and determined to watch the games but more importantly enjoy friends I've made though Doug's tail gates at Scio and be entertained by M football in a similar way that he is. So far, so good.

Ann actually attended both games and really enjoyed them. She left at half time to be with Teri who did not go into the stadium but when she was there she asked a lot of good questions about what was going on. So, we both enjoyed all of that.

I watched M thrash NIU on my big screen in FL yesterday. But, I'm watching differently certainly with less intensity but with more enjoyment ..... aside from the complaining I did about the telecast. I did get worked up about that!😁
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I guess my mantra going forward this year is "Enjoy the good stuff, but expect the bad". With that approach I don't get invested emotionally, and I can actually be lived with following a disappointing loss, where I'm emotionally drained. I've finally let go of it.

My biggest gripe with the program is Warde Manuel and the athletic department's seeming satisfaction with the way things are. That's why I've checked out. If they don't expect to be champions, then why should I? They're content playing second fiddle to the rest of the BTE, so I'm not going to expect things that are not the goal.

Enjoy the good stuff, and expect the bad.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• shaddup
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Badgers look unimpressive. This game is playing played at Soldier Field in Chicago. It's as much as an away game for them, not for ND. Crowd is decidedly a ND crowd.. I've never seen Wisconsin as a bad road team. They just do their thing and do it well. Madison is lift for them.

The problem in this game, they aren't "doing their thing well at all. That's a pattern for them. Instead it is focused on defense and Wisky's while above average, it's not great...... based on the first half v.ND.

So, yeah, throw it. Coan is 5/23//153/1TD; Mertz is 5/13/71/1INT..... sacked 3X. The difference in the game is a functional Cone and a decent OL v. an underwhelming Mertz and, so far a sieve of an OL. Neither team is running the ball well.

Far from what I've seen up to the half, the Badgers are vulnerable offensively on the edges in the pass game (they're predominantly playing quarters on the back end giving up a lot of real estate there. Its the usual assortment of defenders in front of them - as usual, these days, it's hard to pick up on live action what their base D is. Varied, but that's what everyone is calling it these days. Wisconsin isn't getting a lot pressure on Coan. He's had a clean pocket and made some nice medium (to his TE) and deep throws to his WRs. One big play. Wisconsin's CBs seem also vulnerable

I like what I'm seeing from Wisconsin. Madison will give them a boost. Get up and silence the crowd. Like ND, McNamarra, is going to have to throw it and Gattis can't afford to spend too much time repeatedly running Corum and Haskins or Edwards into the Wisky D burning downs.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The Badgers have an excellent run defense and pass rush that will give us problems. Mcnamara can’t toss it around the yard against a competent defense and Gattis has yet to demonstrate the ability to scheme or playcall against superior talent.

Outside of Hutch, ND’s D is way better than ours too.
            Last edited by Hannibal; September 25, 2021, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Chryst found something at half time. Nice drive to make it 10/10. Mo at work. Defense is hammering Coan. His previous pass game is disappearing.

Comment

• “ND” girls are as flat as Indiana” — endzone sign.

Comment

• We need more college football games like this.
                  Wisconsin and Notre Dame haven’t played each other in ~50 years. Neutral site game at a beautiful field like at Soldier Field.
                  Two programs that are almost identical IMO.
                  Higher ranked ND vs the 6 point favorite Wisconsin. Jack Coan (hope he isn’t seriously injured) revenge game.

Love to see it.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• ND’s backup looks better than Coan

Comment

• ND’s OL is butt.

Helluva game here though.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; September 25, 2021, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• PSU with a hangover looking win today against Villanova. Only 69 rushing yards on 31 carries has to be a big concern.

Comment

• Wisconsin is vulnerable. After a couple of plays and a TD that got the Wisconsin crowd doing that jump around shit, ND has scored 2X. Leading now 24 - 10, the Wisconsin fans silent.

Comment

• Is there anyone who actually finds charm in that Jump Around bullshit other than the announcers who cover the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              Is there anyone who actually finds charm in that Jump Around bullshit other than the announcers who cover the game?
                              I like it alright. Don't care if you old bitter fucks hate it. Go listen to your CCR and Stones 45s if you're so miserable and unhappy. Quit trying to tell anyone younger than you they're stupid for liking anything made after 1985.

Comment

• No
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X